I know, peanut butter and nutella are like the greatest things ever invented. That’s why we just had to create a Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins Recipe! It’s the best muffin recipe!
Peanut butter is magical. And not just on it’s own but especially in baked goods. It often creates something extra light and moist and that’s totally true for banana bread. Our peanut butter banana bread is one of our most popular recipes on our blog. It’s one of the most soft and squishy banana bread recipes you’ll ever make. Take that, combine it with nutella stuffed in the middle and swirled over the top of the muffin and these nutella stuffed peanut butter muffins are the best thing you’ll make in 2018.
MARK. MY. WORDS.
Every Banana Bread Recipe You’ll Ever Need
Look, it’s not like we are obsessed with banana bread and banana muffins or anything. I’m sure all of you have recipes for
and one of our very most popular-
I don’t know if I should be embarrassed or totally excited that we’ve knocked out so many winners. You should absolutely pin every single one and work your way through them.
What’s funny is that’s not even all of our banana recipes. There’s a ton more. Maybe try googling banana ohsweetbasil.com, haha.
Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
These nutella stuffed peanut butter banana muffins are made by combining fry ingredients and wet ingredients along with mashed banana and peanut butter.
Make sure you read our Best Banana Bread recipe before you start on this. While the ingredients are a little different because of the peanut butter you’ll still want to understand how to best mix and bake it. See the recipe link above.
To the batter, before you even stir it you’ll add chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Everything being mixed all at once is key to avoid over mixing, again read the post above.
Nutella is slightly frozen and placed in the center of each muffin and then a little more swirled on top.
How to Swirl Chocolate into Batter
The key to swirling is to use a small toothpick as there isn’t very much chocolate on top. If you use anything bigger you’ll just combine the chocolate and batter which isn’t as pretty.
How to Photograph, Run a Business, Cook and Bake with a Toddler
Don’t these pictures, all of this blog and social media make this whole thing look so easy, effortless and beautiful? I mean, who doesn’t have indulgent nutella stuffed peanut butter banana muffins carefully arranged with perfectly swirled chocolate oozing out the middle?
That’s just not reality.
The reality of this recipe is that I made the muffins the day before and saved them until the next morning to photograph because morning has my favorite light to make the food look all dreamy and delicious.
Then I had a crazy busy toddler who needed a whole lot of attention and love, aka playing with the same set of cars going down a “Little People” car ramp 500 billion times.
Kids are Creepy
And on top of that, when he was finally playing and distracted and I literally ran into the kitchen to hurry and shoot the heck out of these only to turn my back for one minute and being the total creep that he is (more on that in the next paragraph) there he was, licking out the entire center of a muffin as fast as his chubby little hands would allow him so I had to refill the muffin to get the shot.
Yes, refill because Momma is not waisting a peanut butter muffin.
He had it for lunch. Even if it was practically dessert.
But really, kids are kind of creepy. Think about how many times they just suddenly appear at your bedside. Or have you ever had one tell you they were talking to the old man who came in their playroom but you were home alone?! CREEPY!!!
Before you snag the recipe, make sure you check out this decadent version!!
When you’re looking for a healthy dinner idea that’s quick and easy and that picky eaters will eat try our Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Banana Muffins. Oh, did I say healthy?
Looking for more quick and easy breakfast recipes or muffin recipes? Make sure you try our Apple Coffee Cake Muffins , Mom’s Best Zucchini Muffins, Gluten Free Dairy Free Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins or one of our southern breakfast recipes like, Southern Sausage Breakfast Cake.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.
Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Oil vegetable or canola
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter Jif Creamy
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 Cup Bananas Mashed, ripe (2-3 Medium bananas that have gone freckly)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/3 Cup Nutella plus more for the swirl
- Place parchment or a silpat on a plate and scoop out small mounds, less than a tablespoon, of Nutella then freeze until set.
- Set out the eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Add in the eggs and peanut butter and whisk again, but be sure to not over mix.
- Dump the dry ingredients, banana and chips on the wet ingredients and switching to a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold the ingredients together just until a few streaks of flour remain.
- Scoop one large spoonful (we actually use a cookie scoop ) into the bottom of the muffin wells and place a dollop of the frozen nutella in the batter. (See note for options) Cover with batter up to 2/3 high in the well.
- Place a little nutella on top of the batter and using a small knife, starting at the outside edge of the batter, swirl through and around the nutella.
- Allow to rest in the pan for 8-12 minutes before baking. See note.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or 12-16 minutes for regular muffins. The muffins are done when lightly golden and the middle springs back up when you touch the top.
- Once the muffins are done, open the oven door, turn off the oven and let the muffins rest for 2 minutes, no longer, before carefully setting it on the counter for a few more minutes to cool.