If any of you have ever been to the Olive Garden and tried their Zuppa Tuscana Soup….this is even better! I get requests for this soup at every get together, give it a try.
What Is Zuppa Tuscana Soup?
Zuppa Tuscana soup is of Italian cuisine.
It generally contains at least a few of these ingredients: kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, tomato pulp, extra virgin olive oil, salt, powdered chili, toasted Tuscan bread, and rigatino.
Is Italian Sausage Spicy?
Italian sausage comes in several varieties.
You can choose from hot, sweet, and mild.
Hot red pepper flakes are added to the spices to make “hot”Italian sausage.
Can Zuppa Tuscano Soup Be Frozen?
Zuppa Tuscano soup can be frozen.
Potatoes don’t hold up really well when frozen, so if you want to freeze the soup, cook the potatoes until they are just tender.
Zuppa Tuscana Soup
- 16 oz Italian sausage
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or dash of cayenne
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook sausage, bacon, and onion in soup pot.
- Drain well.
- Add garlic, pepper, water, bouillon, and potatoes.
- Bring to boil and cook until potatoes are done.
- Add kale and let wilt a little.
- Add cream just before serving.
If prepared ahead of time, add kale and cream before serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3327 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 697.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 112.4g Fiber: 16.3g Sugar: 18.2g Protein: 109g