When the cookie dough is making you drool you know you’ve found yourself a winner. We cannot stop making this white chocolate lemon cheesecake cookie recipe now! The smell of the dough was eye rolling-ly good!
If you own our second cookbook, Raised in the Kitchen you know that our oldest daughter adores her delicate iced lemon cookies recipe and we all 100% agree. But late one evening I needed to bust out a lot of cookies for a friend and found myself a little short on what I needed.
My go-to chocolate chip cookies for feeding friends and family is actually a pudding recipe. I use an adapted version for our chocolate cookies as well because the flavor, texture and stability on the shelf are unbeatable. The pudding keeps the cookies so perfectly soft and chewy and also makes it a totally no-fail recipe. I mean, you literally could not mess those cookies up. Even better? They feed a huge crowd so it’s the best to bust out for a group.
While on my last batch I suddenly realized that I was out of the french vanilla pudding. I immediately grabbed for chocolate but once again, out! I always keep them on hand, how had I forgotten to replenish? Through searching I found a box of cheesecake and a box of lemon and as I use a large box I’d have no choice but to use two small boxes to get the job done.
What Do You Need for Lemon Cheesecake Cookies?
Grab a box of lemon pudding and a box of cheesecake pudding and the rest you probably already have in the house! The measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the end of this post. You can also save or print the recipe from there as well. Here is what you will need to make these irresistible cookies:
- Unsalted Butter – needs to be softened so it will cream together with the sugars
- Eggs – gives the cookies their structure
- Sugar – just regular white granulated sugar
- Brown Sugar – adds richness
- Vanilla Extract – use the real deal and no imitation flavoring
- Almond Extract – just the tiniest bit enhances the flavor so much
- All-Purpose Flour – make sure to measure the flour correctly
- Salt – enhances all the flavors and cuts the sweetness
- Baking Soda – make sure your baking soda is fresh, this helps give the cookies their fluffiness
- Cheesecake Pudding Mix – measure out half the powder using a kitchen scale
- Lemon Pudding Mix – measure out half the powder using a kitchen scale
- White Chocolate Chips – we love Ghirrardeli or Guittard brand
What Does Pudding Do in a Cookie Recipe?
Adding pudding in cookie recipes makes the cookies super soft and moist, not to mention the wonderful flavor it adds. In this recipe all the lemon and cheesecake flavor comes from the pudding mix.
There are many different pudding flavors out there, and I’m obsessed with trying them all in cookies with different add-ins. I’ll list a few of our favorite pudding cookie recipes down below. However this recipe is the first time I’ve combined two different flavors of pudding together. Now I need to try even more two flavor combinations. Here is a list of different pudding flavors:
- Chocolate Fudge
- Banana Cream
- Coconut Cream
- White Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spice
- Candy Cane
You could try any of those flavors with different add-ins – chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dehydrated berries, freeze dried fruit, coconut, etc.
A few of the combinations I want to try next are chocolate fudge and coconut cream, banana cream and chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch.
Can You Half the Recipe?
Yes, I use a kitchen scale or just pinch the bag halfway to half the puddings. All the rest of the ingredients can easily be cut in half to make a smaller batch of cookies.
Can I Freeze the Cookies?
Yes, these cookies freeze great! Let them cool completely and then transfer them to a ziploc bag. They will keep for 2-3 months. Actually I prefer to use a vacuum sealer to help them last even longer…up to 6 months.
How to Freeze Cookie Dough
This is my preferred method for frozen cookies because we don’t overeat the first batch and it’s a cinch to throw dessert out for unexpected guests! Plus, it really does keep much better than an already baked cookie.
Form all the cookie dough balls and put them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place the pan in the freezer and let them freeze for about an hours. Once they are frozen, place all the dough balls in a ziploc bag. Then store the bag in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Sometimes missing a couple of ingredients results in a new and insanely delicious recipe. “Happy accidents” according to Bob Ross! Now please excuse me while I go try some new pudding combinations! You’re going to love this white chocolate lemon cheesecake cookie recipe!
More Pudding Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Best Chocolate Cookies
- Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
- Strawberries and Cream Pudding Cookies
- Banana Cream Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
White Chocolate Chip Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
- 2 Cups Butter, Unsalted (4 sticks)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 5 to 5 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2.5 ounce Cheesecake Pudding Mix, instant, use half of the large box
- 2.5 ounce Lemon Pudding Mix, instant, use half of the large box
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, eggs, sugars, vanilla, and almond extract in large bowl until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, and both puddings.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients.
- Once ingredients are combined slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Place on greased cooking sheet or on parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Baked cookies and unbaked cookie dough can both be frozen. Please see the post above this recipe card for instructions on how to freeze cookies and cookie dough.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.