A soft and fluffy pancake loaded up with some of your favorite flavors. We love these blueberry pecan pancakes and can’t wait to make them again!
Can Pancakes be Made Ahead of Time?
Pancakes are a great make-ahead food.
Just make them, freeze them, thaw and heat when you are ready to eat.
How do You Reheat Pancakes?
Line the desired number of pancakes on a baking sheet and cover with foil.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are heated through.
Or, stack the pancakes on a microwave safe plate and heat for 1 1/2 minutes or until heated through.
We love pancakes at our house. So much so that I think that we could eat pancakes every day! This Blueberry Pecan Pancakes is a variation that my sister taught me as it’s something she loves at her house.
The blueberries give these pancakes a nice pop of flavor and the pecans add a delightful little crunch.
Pancakes are an easy dish to experiment with. We’re always coming up with new pancake recipes to try. I’ll link to a bunch of our favorite recipes but no matter how you feel about pancakes or even breakfast foods, you MUST try our Melt in Your Mouth Buttermilk Pancakes recipe.
Different Pancake Fillings
It’s always fun to just through new ingredients in and see how they turn out.
We typically add fresh berries throughout the spring and summer and more aromatic flavors during the colder fall and winter months. If you have picky eaters, pancakes are also easy to make according to your family’s taste.
Not everyone likes some of the things that we put in so we leave some ingredients out and add extras of others. It’s a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen coming up with their own recipes.
With all of your ingredient additions, just make sure that you don’t over mix the batter or that will make your pancakes tough and not quite as tasty and fluffy.
Let us know what some of your favorite pancake mix ins are, we hope that you enjoy these blueberry pecan pancakes!
Are Blueberries Good For You?
Blueberries contain fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient, which promote heart health.
The absence of cholesterol from blueberries is also beneficial to the heart.
Blueberries are high in fiber, which helps reduce cholesterol in the blood which decreases the risk of heart disease.
More PANCAKES Recipes:
- Melt in Your Mouth Buttermilk Pancakes
- Meyer Lemon Pancakes
- White Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes
- Cinnamon Burst Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
- Glazed Donuts Pancakes
- Maple Bar Pancakes
- Melt in Your Mouth Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Brown Sugar Peach Pancakes
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Healthy Wild Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Gluten Free Pancakes
- Melt in Your Mouth Sour Cream Pancakes
- All our SWEET BREAKFAST RECIPES here!
Blueberry Pecan Pancakes
Blueberry Pecan Pancakes
- 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBL sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 TBL melted butter
- 1 C milk
- Blueberries fresh or defrosted frozen-to taste
- Pecans chopped-to taste
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Beat egg until frothy.
- Add milk & melted butter.
- Carefully fold together wet and dry ingredients. Don't mix too much. Some lumpiness is ok.
- Carefully stir in blueberries and pecans, or wait and add individually to each pancake.
- Cook as usual. I like these with just a little butter, but feel free to add syrup or whatever you like.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.