Sometimes you just need a big pile of pancakes and these healthy wild blueberry cottage cheese pancakes will fill your belly but not your waistline.
Growing up I was pretty die hard french toast. My Uncle Richard taught me to do maple syrup, homemade of course and then a dusting of powdered sugar which is probably why I ended up with a few cavities but I forgive him. 😉 Once Cade and I got married we started experimenting with breakfast recipes and ended up with our Saturday morning hot breakfast tradition.
Most often it’s crepes, Cade’s nutella crepes to be exact but we also love our melt in your mouth buttermilk pancakes recipe that you’ll see by the comments, it’s the best in the entire world. Seriously.
The problem is, I don’t want to always be packing in the calories with heavier breakfasts so with all of this cottage cheese pancake craze I set out to make a healthier pancake.
We pulse oats in a blender to make our flour. Then you just add in everything but the fruit and blend away!
We chose to use the low fat cottage cheese and don’t notice any difference in flavor at all. It’s got great protein, light, and those wild berries take it from delicious to farm to table fresh deliciousness! That’s a mouthful. Awkward.
Healthy Wild Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 1 1/3 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Dash of Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Wild Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a blender, pulse the oats until they are a fine flour.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the blueberries.
- Pulse until just smooth, do not over blend!
- Remove to a bowl and fold in the berries.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray.
- Scoop 1/3 cup batter onto the pan and cook until bubbles appear and begin popping then flip and cook until golden.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 91 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 22.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 12.5g Fiber: 1.9g Sugar: 2.1g Protein: 5.7g
Still looking for a yummy pancake recipe, these pumpkin pancakes look phenomenal!