These cheeseburger sliders are the perfect Super Bowl party food. They are cheesy, beefy and so juicy – everything we love about cheeseburgers, and so easy to make!
They are great for feeding a crowd and can be made ahead so all you have to do is pop them in the oven right before the game. Hot gooey cheeseburgers for everyone! No grilling, no forming individual patties, no cutting all the typical hamburger toppings. Are you catching my vision here?!
Not a football fan? No problem! These are the best for birthday parties, New Years Eve parties, Father’s Day, a get together with friends, or just a quick dinner for the fam! Mini cheeseburgers are a hit for kids and adults.
Ingredients Needed for Cheeseburger Sliders
Here is your grocery list for the mini burgers and the sauce that goes on top:
- Ground Beef
- Ground Mustard
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Yellow Onion
- Diced Tomatoes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Dinner Rolls (or your favorite store bought brand)
- Brown Sugar
- Yellow Mustard
- Sesame Seeds
How to Make Cheeseburger Sliders
I mentioned how easy these are to make, so now I’m going to prove it…
- Preheat oven.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Slice your rolls in half lengthwise and place the bottoms in the baking dish.
- PRO TIP: Packing them in tight in a smaller pan (rather than a cookie sheet) helps keep the liquid from sinking to the bottom and making the bottom buns soggy.
- Add the ground beef and onions to a large skillet and cook until browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Spread the beef mixture over the rolls. Top with the cheese slices. (Swap the cheese and beef mixture if you are making the sliders ahead of time, cheese down first)
- Add the roll tops.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the rolls and bake.
The more detailed instructions can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Make Ahead Mini Cheeseburgers
To make these mini cheeseburgers ahead of time, I like to put the cheese on the bottom buns and then add the meat mixture. It helps keep the bottom rolls from getting too soggy. Complete the sliders as instructed, but don’t pour the sauce on the top until right before baking.
Stick the prepared sliders in the refrigerator and cover with plastic wrap. Add a few extra minutes to the cooking time when you go to bake them.
What Rolls to Use for Slider Buns?
If you want to make buns from scratch, I like to use our classic dinner rolls recipe. They hold up great as slider buns.
Buying store bought dinner rolls works great too and saves time. Our favorite brand is King’s Hawaiian rolls.
What to Eat with Cheeseburger Slider Buns?
These mini burgers make great appetizers, but if you are making them a main dish, you might want a side or two. You can use any of your typical hamburger sides. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Killer Burger Sauce – dip french fries in this!
- Baked Beans
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Macaroni Salad
Some hot french fries are always on my menu when hamburgers are being made!
Variations on Cheeseburger Sliders
These are so easy to switch up and augment to make them your own. Feel free to change the type of cheese, add pickles, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, or anything that you enjoy on your cheeseburgers.
I wouldn’t recommend adding lettuce because it gets all soggy and gross when it bakes. And let’s be honest, no one likes hot lettuce!
What are Sliders?
Sliders are small sandwiches on a bun, usually baked with a sauce poured over the top. Think mini hamburger!
Why Make Sliders?
Sandwiches are like the best things ever! They are like a whole meal all in one perfect little package. Sliders are just mini sandwiches, so you can eat more than one and not feel guilty! The bread to meat ratio is even better than in a full sized sandwich, and they can be eaten for dinner or for an appetizer.
How Long Will Mini Burgers Keep?
Sliders can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How Do You Reheat Sliders?
Cover with foil and reheat in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes.
Can Mini Cheeseburgers Be Frozen?
Mini cheeseburgers can be frozen, and it is easier to reheat frozen sliders if they are frozen individually. Wrap each slider well and freeze for up to months.
Don’t add the sauce when you’re freezing them. Make and add the sauce just before baking.
Stick the frozen sliders in your baking dish and thaw in the fridge overnight or sit them out at room temperature for a half hour or so before baking.
It’s time for football (or a birthday or NYE or Thursday night dinner), which means it’s time for these cheeseburger sliders! They are so juicy and flavorful! They come together in no time and everyone is going to be coming back for more…because you can’t ever stop at just one slider!
More Slider Recipes:
- French Dip Sliders
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Easy BBQ Meatball Sliders
- Hawaiian Turkey Burgers Sliders
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders
- Cheesy Irish Sliders
- Raspberry BBQ Sliders
- Hawaiian Turkey Sliders
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup Onion yellow, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 10 oz. Diced Tomatoes drained
- 12 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- 12 Dinner Rolls Sliced Opened
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. spray a 9x13” pan with nonstick spray and set the bottoms of the rolls inside the pan. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add the beef and onions and seasonings. Cook, stirring often with a ground beef chopper until browned and the onions are tender. Drain any excess grease. Add the tomatoes and stir well until combined.
- Spread the mixture over the roll bottoms and top with cheese slices.
- Place the roll tops over the cheese.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Pour the mixture over the rolls and bake at 350 for 25 minutes, tenting with foil if needed.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.