We don’t know anyone who doesn’t love ham and cheese sliders with poppy seed dressing. This recipe is perfect for leftover ham!
Every now and again I come across a recipe that is so good I have no choice but to immediately make it and post about it. We made a few tiny adaptations but it only makes the ham and cheese sliders with poppy seed dressing even better.
Got leftover holiday ham? We’ve got you covered.
These ham and cheese sliders were adapted from one of the sweetest bloggers and friend that I know, Christy from The Girl Who Ate Everything. If you have yet to check out her blog, get over there. It is full of just about every delicious recipe out there and I love that it’s all approachable.
Our version of the ham and cheese sliders with poppy seed dressing skips on the onions and uses our famous honey mustard instead of regular old jar stuff. It’s a simple change but trust me, it takes everything to a whole new level of deliciousness. These are a forever staple in our home for using up leftover ham and to be honest we will be bringing them to potlucks all year too.
They are just so easy and yet total comfort food. I can’t wait for you all to try them! Especially if you still have company in town or if you’re already thinking up ideas for that big Super Bowl party. Can’t you just see the guests all digging into a huge pan of these babies?!
Can you Freeze Ham and Cheese Sliders
Strangely enough, you can freeze ham and cheese sliders, but make sure you don’t add the poppy seed dressing until you’re ready to bake them.
Make sure you wrap the dish in plastic wrap and then freezer foil. Defrost by setting them in the fridge and proceeding as normal. You need to keep out as much ice as possible so make sure that plastic wrap is on there as close to the rolls as possible and only freeze for up to 2 weeks. Any longer and too much ice will grow.
More HAM RECIPES You Will Love:
- World’s Best Brown Sugar Ham
- Ham Dipping Sauces
- Secret to the Best Ham Fried Rice
- Spring Ham and Asparagus Lemon Cream Sauce
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Bacon Casserole
- Ham Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Garlic Honey Mustard Ham
- Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Stromboli
- Hash Browns Ham Frittata
- Ham Hock Soup
- Easy Ham and Cheese Scones
- Ham and Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
- How to Make Ham in a Slow Cooker
- How to Carve a Spiral Ham
- All our BEST PORK RECIPES here!
Ham and Cheese Sliders with Poppy Seed Dressing
Ham and Cheese Sliders
For the Honey Mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup mustard
For the Poppy seed dressing
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard sauce from above
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 24 white rolls
- 24 slices of ham
- 24 slices of white cheddar cheese
- honey mustard sauce from above
For the honey mustard sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey and mustard.
- Set aside.
For the poppy seed dressing
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the melted butter, poppy seeds, honey mustard and worcestershire.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice open the rolls and spread honey mustard sauce on the bottom and mayonnaise on the top.
- Place a slice of ham and cheese on each roll and place the top on each sandwich.
- Place all of the sandwiches on a cookie sheet or cake pan.
- Drizzle each sandwich with the poppy seed dressing until you've used a little more than half of the dressing and each sandwich is covered.
- Tightly wrap the pan with tin foil and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and take off the foil.
- Drizzle with a little more sauce (you may need to melt it again if the butter solidified) and serve immediately.
More ways to use leftover ham
Looking for a classic? Mom’s cheesy ham and potato bacon casserole couldn’t be any more perfect.