Chick Fil-A copycat…
Well, if you ask our little girl what she wants to do for her daddy daughter date you are probably going to hear, “Chick Fil-A”. Well, I used to love Dairy Queen as a kiddo so I can’t take it away from her. Plus it’s a daddy date so I’m not invited.
When I was little I guess I used to get out of bed a lot and wake up super early. Which is funny because I HATE, DESPISE, DETEST, and VEHEMENTLY PROTEST waking up. I looooove to sleep and take naps. Love it. Anyway, my parents made me a chart when I was like 3 I think. Every day I didn’t get out of bed I got a whale stamp (remember how stamps weren’t all cool yet? It was just an old black ink pad and whale) on the date and after a week I got to go to Dairy Queen. What a treat!
So, I saw a post on Cook Bake and Decorate about Chick Fil-A chicken and when I saw that it had pickle juice I was intrigued. Anyway, I tried, we really liked them and our little one thought it was so cool.
Yup, I’m a cool mom.
Can You Reheat Chicken Nuggets?
You can reheat chicken nuggets.
The microwave may make chicken nuggets tough, so the best way to reheat is: place the chicken nuggets on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Ten minutes in the oven delivers great taste.
Why Use Peanut Oil For Frying?
Peanut oil has a high smoke point and neutral taste which makes it perfect for frying foods.
Peanut oil is low in saturated fat and high in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, making it a healthier choice for frying.
Is Chicken Breast Healthier Than Thighs?
Breasts and thighs actually do not differ that much in nutrient content.
Both chicken thighs and breasts are good sources of lean protein.
Chicken breast contains less fat and fewer calories than dark meat, but the differences are small.
Chick Fil-A copycat
Chick Fil-A Copycat
- 2 cups Pickle Juice, dill
- 1 Tablespoon Mayo
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- Place chicken in the pickle juice for 3-4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in one bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar, and seasonings and mix till well incorporated.
- In a large pot, heat the oil to about 375*.
- Gather your chicken and drain off the pickle juice.
- Dip into the egg mix, then dredge into the flour.
- Place about 8 nuggets at a time into fryer and cook about 4-6 minutes; also till golden brown.
- Serve with sauce of choice.