Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is a huge crowd favorite! Creamy, spicy and cheesy, it’s the perfect dip recipe for your next party!
Our friends are always hosting some fun something at their house and dips are probably what they shine at the most. What is it about a dip that makes you want to dive right in? I mean, it’s hot, cheesy goodness so who am I kidding, who can resist?!!
Buffalo chicken wings are one of Cade’s favorite snacks to munch on and man, I can hardly handle the spiciness! But cool it off a little with ranch, cream cheese, chicken and cheese and I’m officially in.
What to Dip with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Here’s a question though, when you’re serving buffalo chicken dip, what are you serving with it? I mean, I’ve seen bread, chips, celery sticks and even pitas all cut up. So what do you pick?
Now, you can worry about the method of eating said dip later, let’s get to the good stuff. We all love the cheesy spicy goodness of this dip so let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Your shopping list is short and sweet for this one, and it’s all low calorie and fat free…JK!! It’s not…not at all! But dang, it’s so good! It’s worth an occasional splurge:
- Cooked and Shredded Chicken
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Instant Pot
It’s super quick and easy to make this dip in the Instant Pot. Just 3 simple steps and you’ll be devouring this deliciousness!
- Add chicken, butter, buffalo sauce and water to the Instant Pot and cook on high for 3 minutes (valve sealed, quick release when finished).
- Remove lid, stir in ranch dressing, cream cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Put lid on the Instant Pot and stir again.
- Pour dip into a casserole dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Heat the oven to 400 degrees and place the dish in the oven. Allow it to bake until the cheese is melted.
Now you’re ready to dip just about anything into this dip and lose all self control!
What Sides Go With Buffalo Chicken?
Buffalo chicken can be served with potato salad, green salad, potato wedges, corn on the cob, or baked beans.
Now for vessels to get this dip from the casserole dish to your mouth, we like the following:
- Bell Peppers
- Tortilla Chips
- Toast Points
- Broccoli (sounds crazy but it’s good)
- Cucumber Slices
- Pita Chips
- Baguette Slices
- Baby Carrots
What Is Buffalo Sauce Made Of?
Buffalo sauce is a hot sauce generally made with hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and butter.
Will Buffalo Sauce Give You Heartburn?
If you are prone to heartburn, buffalo sauce certainly has the potential to increase heartburn.
How Long Will Buffalo Chicken Dip Keep?
Buffalo chicken dip will keep for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Does Buffalo Chicken Dip Need To Be Refrigerated?
Buffalo chicken dip should not sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Buffalo chicken dip should be stored in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Technically you can freeze buffalo chicken dip; however, I’ve noticed that the dairy can separate from the cheese and chicken as it comes back to temperature upon reheating. The taste is great, but it doesn’t look as appealing.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Slow Cooker
To make a buffalo chicken dip in the slow cooker, place a liner in a crockpot or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add all of the ingredients and stir together.
Place the lid on and cook on low for 3 hours.
Football Recipes in the Instant Pot
It only makes sense to make one of our favorite cheesy football game appetizers in the Instant Pot!
It’s quick and easy and it keeps the buffalo chicken dip nice and hot and fresh.
If you want to try buffalo chicken dip in a fun, festive and football way, try our buffalo chicken dip football appetizer.
Creamy, cheesy and irresistible Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip! Everyone is going to be asking you for this recipe!
More Amazing Dips You Will Love!
- Homemade Salsa
- Easy Homemade Hummus
- Cheesy Black Bean Dip
- Pineapple Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Award Winning Instant Pot Chili
- Quick Prime Rib
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole in instant pot
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 Cups Chicken cooked and shredded
- 3/4 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese 1 brick
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Combine cooked chicken, butter, buffalo sauce, and water in the instant pot. Place the lid on and the valve to seal and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Stir in the ranch dressing, cream cheese and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Place lid on and wait 5 minutes then stir again.
- Pour out into a casserole dish. Turn the oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over the top and bake until cheese is melted. Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.