This Slow Cooker Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip is the perfect comfort food for any seafood lover and it’s a great appetizer for parties and game day snacks!
Satisfy your seafood cravings with this decadent Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip. This recipe doesn’t cut any corners~ it’s the real deal; with real crab meat, shrimp, sautéed lobster and scallop meat swimming around in melty cheese to infuse their delectable flavors into this special occasion recipe.
If you love seafood but don’t have a lot of experience cooking it at home, this is a great beginner’s recipe! It’s really simple because all you have to cook is the lobster and scallops. I’ll show you how:
How to Remove Lobster Tail Shells
First time cooking seafood? No problem!
Remove the lobster tail shells by cutting down the top middle all the way to the tail with scissors, or pressing a sharp chef’s knife through the same spot to split the tail in half. Remove the meat by pulling it out, then chop it up.
What Temperature to Cook Lobster
Cook the lobster meat in a medium skillet over medium heat in a tablespoon of melted butter. Stir it often, it only takes about 3 minutes to cook. When it’s done it turns white and kinda looks like popcorn! Empty it straight into your slow cooker.
Slow cooker Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip
In the same pan you cooked the lobster, add another tablespoon of cooking oil and cook the scallops on one side for about 2-3 minutes. The recipe will need only two (I cooked four so my family would have a couple to sample). Flip them over and brown the other side for about a minute. Then remove from heat, chop them up and place the pieces into the slow cooker with the lobster. It’s alright if they’re a little underdone, they’ll finish cooking in the slow cooker. You can cook the scallops and the lobster together to save even more time!
The rest of the recipe is simple because the shrimp and crab meat is already cooked, so you’ll just place all the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker and give them a good stir-around.
Let it cook for an hour on high, then set the slow cooker to warm and serve it up, it’s ready!! Bust out that loaf of French bread or even better, enjoy it from a bread bowl! Leave me a comment about this recipe, I would love to hear what you think!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip
Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip
Cooked shrimp and crabmeat combine with sautéed lobster tail and scallops in this melty, cheesy dip. Serve with cubes of crusty french bread.
- 2 Small lobster tails
- 2 Scallops
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Cans of condensed cream of celery soup
- 16 Ounces american processed cheese, cubed
- 1/2 Cup cooked frozen shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 Cup shredded crabmeat
- 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Loaf of French bread or other crusty bread
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker lightly with cooking spray.
- Remove the lobster tails from the shells by cutting through the center of each with a large chef’s knife. Pull the meat out and chop.
- Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chopped lobster meat and the two whole scallops in the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, flipping the scallops over after three minutes. Remove from heat and chop the scallops. Place the lobster and scallop meat into a slow cooker.
- Place the cream of celery soup, cubed cheese, shrimp, crabmeat, paprika, and cayenne into the slow cooker. Stir all the ingredients together and cook on high for 1 hour then turn the slow cooker to the warm setting.
Serve with cubes of french bread.
Yield: 5 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 488 Calories
- Total Fat: 26.6g
- Saturated Fat: 12.3g
- Cholesterol: 233mg
- Sodium: 2574mg
- Carbohydrates: 24.6g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sugar: 10.2g
- Protein: 40.7g