Delicious & The BEST Italian Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe in the world – this is one of my favorite side dishes my mama makes.
I remember having a huge family gatherings at my mama’s house, on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas and these Italian Sauteed Mushrooms recipe. My mama would cook a huge turkey and few side dishes, while everyone else would bring desserts and appetizers.
Everyone loves my mom’s sautéed mushrooms! You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to make this mushroom recipe.
All you will need is 5 ingredients and one SECRET SAUCE.
COOKING this easy holiday side dish will only take about 15 minutes, plus it can be made ahead of time. What I am saying, is that it tastes even better after 48 hours, because mushrooms will marinate in the Secret Sauce and will make mushrooms taste extra yummy.
Such a win too because that means you can prep ahead!
What are you waiting for? Scroll down to see how to make The Best Italian Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe.
Before YOU start scrolling down, I, Love from Munchkin Time, would like to say a HUGE JUMBO Size THANK YOU to Carrian and Cade, for letting me share one of my favorite mushroom recipes here on Oh Sweet Basil. THANK YOU!
Ok! Now, scroll down… 😉
Ingredients YOU will need to make the Best Sauteed Mushrooms:
- 1lb baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley for garnish
When YOU make this Italian Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe please tag my name @munchkintimeblog and @ohsweetbasil on Instagram, WE would LOVE to see your creation!
How to Sauté Mushrooms:
- Using a large skillet on a medium/high heat, add 1lb of sliced mushrooms and sprinkle a little salt. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown color, stirring few times.
- To the same skillet add 1 cup of Italian dressing, 1 diced onion and 1 sliced red pepper. Stir and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium heat, season with salt and pepper, if needed, cook for 3 more minutes, stirring few times.
3. Serve warm or cold with a dash of freshly chopped parsley. Keep in the refrigerator in the air tight container for up to 3-5 days. Enjoy!
How to Store Cooked Mushrooms?
Cooked Mushrooms can be stored in airtight container or a zip bag in the refrigerator from 3-5 days.
Can Mushrooms be Reheated?
Have you ever wondered, can mushrooms be reheated? They were so good at that holiday party last night, so why not have them again the next day, right?
It is recommended not to preheat cooked mushrooms because it can upset the belly.
After you make these Italian Sautéed Mushrooms, it is best to eat it cold. You will like how these sautéed mushrooms will taste after they cool off, in my opinion even better!
Q. Do YOU like this Italian Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 661mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 11g Protein: 3g