These peaches n cream crumble bars are the best dessert I’ve ever had with peaches. That creamy filling and brown sugar oat topping!!
I don’t think we even need to talk about these peaches n cream crumble bars. Let’s just sit and stare at them. My good gracious they are good. That buttery crust and topping is everything. It’s a little chewy, crisp, sweet and salty. You could eat it lone and be totally satisfied. But why would you settle for that when you could take it to the next level?
Let’s add a little cream cheese gloriousness in there with fresh, juicy, sweet, golden peaches. That filling is so sweet, rich, creamy and wonderful. You really don’t even understand how much I love these bars. The crumble is perfect for such a lovely filling. And I actually really needed something delicious to take my mind off of something horrible.
And by horrible I mean annoying. I’ve been bit by mosquitoes before, but this time is just crazy. Yes, we are talking about mosquito bites. Haha, I know!! Doesn’t it seem so lame? But truly, they are driving me nuts! I have 13, 13 you guys! I got 13 bites in jut 30 minutes. So ridiculous. And they just keep getting worse. They are ginormous, as in red and swollen bigger than a gold ball, and the itchiest sons of guns ever. I cannot even explain it! And 3 of them are starting to bruise. Dude, what will make them go away?! See, I did need a little dessert to take my mind off of the itch!
Will Peaches Ripen After They Have Been Picked?
Peaches, like apples and pears and avocados and tomatoes (among other fruits), can ripen after being picked.
The easiest method to ripen peaches is simply to leave peaches on the counter.
If you want to speed things up, pop the peaches in a paper bag.
It will contain the ethylene gas the fruit gives off, which hastens the ripening process.
What Can You Substitute for Cream Cheese?
You can use 1 cup pureed cottage cheese [or] 1 cup plain yogurt, strained overnight in a cheesecloth” for 1 cup of cream cheese.
How Long Will Brownies and Bars Keep?
Properly stored, brownies and bars will keep 3-4 days at room temperature.
They should be wrapped tightly or placed in an airtight container.
Peaches N Cream Crumble Bars
Peaches N Cream Crumble Bars
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 peaches peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Set aside.
- Spray an 8x9" baking dish or line it with foil.
- In a bowl, combine the salt and flour in a bowl.
- Add the oats, baking soda, butter and sugar, stir with a wooden spoon until everything is moist.
- Press half of the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom and layer with peaches.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble over the top and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
We just looooove these Reese’s Crumble bars!
It’s a key lime bar and a crumble bar that combined!