My desire for a fast meal + my husband bringing home a fresh pineapple= Pineapple Fajitas! Yum, yum. If you’re more of a sweet and spicy kind of person you are really going to love these pineapple fajitas. This recipe showcases all sorts of yummy ingredients that will get your taste buds tingling. Pineapple, mango salsa, peppers, mushrooms. It’s a perfect balance between spicy peppers and sweet mango and pineapple. One doesn’t try to over power the other, they just create a great fusion of flavors that is oh so good! So yummy! Plus it’s always a great benefit when recipes are quick and easy and this recipe is definitely both! Top with some freshly chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Will Pineapple Ripen After It Is Picked?
Pineapple will soften after it is picked, but it will not sweeten.
Pineapples need to be picked at the peak of ripeness to ensure maximum flavor and sweetness.
Is Pineapple Good For You?
Pineapple is rich in vitamins, enzymes and antioxidents.
Pineapples contain high amounts of vitamin C and manganese, and are a good source of fiber.
How Long Will A Fresh Pineapple Keep?
A cut pineapple will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts diced
- garlic powder to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 2/3 Cup diced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 Cups diced pineapple
- 2/3 Cup sliced red bell pepper
- sour cream
- mango salsa
- Olive Oil
- Saute the chicken in Olive oil with garlic powder and crushed red pepper until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Saute mushrooms, pineapple and bell pepper.
- Mix chicken back in.
- Serve in tortillas with sour cream, mango salsa, and cilantro.