Every year the internet explodes with pumpkin recipes but what you really need is a perfect pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe and I’ve got you covered.
I hate when the bread elves come. They always show up when it’s just me at home, just working or cleaning house and BAM! there they are. And they are sneaky little devils because I think I’ve really prepared myself against them but somehow they always end up back in my kitchen.
Beautiful, warm bread and melty chocolate chips sitting on the counter, the fragrant aroma of pumpkin and spices filling the house and making the chilly weather feel like the coziest day ever. That’s what pumpkin chocolate chip bread does for you.
How Long Will Pumpkin Bread Keep?
Properly stored, freshly baked pumpkin bread will last for about 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature.
How long does pumpkin bread last in the fridge?
Freshly baked pumpkin bread will keep well for about 1 week in the fridge when properly stored.
There I was, cleaning the kitchen floors when suddenly I looked over at the bread and what should I see (no, not 8 tiny reindeer), but a big ol’ slice missing from the loaf! What the heck?! That was being saved to eat as a family, together. Oh, isn’t that just frustrating? So I continue on with my chores, cleaning the bathrooms and folding laundry, trying to forget about the little beasts.
Everything is finally done, the house smells, feels and looks clean and I head back down stairs to put away the kitchen towels. Another slice is gone!!! SERIOUSLY! There wont be any left if this continues. It’s frustrating and there’s nothing I can do about it, so I sit down at the table and finish off my third slice for the day. 😉
Can Pumpkin Bread be Made Into Muffins?
If you have a solid quick bread recipe that you’d like to convert to muffins, try this.
Preheat your oven to 25°F hotter than the quick bread recipe calls for.
The standard baking temperature for quick breads is 350°F; muffins do well at 375°F.
Divvy up the batter equally between the muffin tins, filling each well 3/4 full.
Bake the muffins for less time; check to see how they’re coming along at 13 minutes, though they’ll likely take closer to 15 to 18 minutes to fully bake.
Use visual cues (look for golden-brown tops that spring back when touched) to let you know when they’re done.
Wait, before I dig in, just look at the cutie who caught on to this whole pumpkin bread thing. My goodness I love him.
Wait a patient sweetheart. Not really, that was a brief moment and then this next shot happened.
Ack!!!! I mean, just look at those little hands!!! And trust me, he grabbed the whole thing, double fisting it and shoveling it in faster than you could believe.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 15 ounce Can of Pumpkin Not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray 4 mini loaf or one regular loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the oil and sugars.
- Mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the pumpkin, water and yogurt.
- Mix again until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- With the mixer still on low, add the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Whisk to combine.
- Turn the mixer on to low and slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Once incorporated add the chocolate chips and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Add the batter to the pans or pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center is set. A larger loaf takes closer to 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then remove from pan to a cooling rack.