Reese’s rice krispies treats – when you take an already outrageously scrumptious dessert and make it even better! Gooey rice krispies treats loaded with creamy peanut butter and chunks of Reese’s peanut butter cups. I. CAN’T. STOP.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a classic rice krispie treat, but imagine that with chocolate and peanut butter. Hello! No brainer! And everyone needs a few good no bake dessert recipes in their back pocket!
This is a spin on our mega viral Reese’s Krispies that you all love so much. It was our first viral recipe and it’s like my baby! I see the recipe and instantly feel all nostalgic. In fact, did you read my recent instagram post about them? I seriously relived that incredible moment, tears flowing and all to remember how far we’ve come from the dark days of being unemployed for so many years.
The feeling of being so hopeless and helpless while we were unemployed is still so vivid in my heart and mind. I had randomly made this recipe for Reese’s Krispies and posted it not thinking much about it. That night I sat down at the computer and saw that our numbers were literally rising by the second. I was shocked, and I thought there was an error for sure!
I just knew we had to take that recipe and make a bar version and recreate the magic. I’m willing to bet all the dollars that you can’t stop at just one!
Ingredients Needed for Reese’s Krispies Bars
You only need a few ingredients for these heaven sent ooey gooey peanut buttery treats and you don’t even need an oven! This is what you will need at the grocery store:
- Corn Syrup
- Peanut Butter (Creamy)
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Mini’s
- Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
How to Make Reese’s Krispies Bars
I love a good no bake dessert! No preheating the oven, no waiting for treat to bake and cool down, just make and consume! Call me impatient, but I love the ease and no waiting part of this recipe! Here are the basic steps:
- Add the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter into a large sauce pan over medium heat and stir until smooth and combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the marshmallow fluff, salt and cereal and stir gently to combine without crushing the cereal.
- Throw in the chocolate chips and stir it again. It should be cool enough to not melt the chocolate chips but still warm enough for them to stir in.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows and then all all the Reese’s candy saving 4-5 to chop and sprinkle on top.
- Use a piece of parchment paper to line a 9×9″ pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread it out. I like to use a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray to spread it out in the pan.
- Top with the chopped Reese’s and let it cool to room temperature.
All these instructions can be found down in the recipe card as well.
What Size Peanut Butter Cups Should I Use?
You can use any side of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups that you want, but I like to use the minis. They require less chopping. But you could use full sized peanut butter cups. You would just need to chop them down to small pieces. I say go with whatever you can get on sale or for the best price.
How to Store Reese’s Krispies Bars
Can I Freeze Them?
These Reese’s rice krispies treats freeze really well. Let them cool to room temperature. I like to cut them into bars before freezing them. Then place them on a cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer for a couple of hours. Once they are frozen, place them in a ziplock bag and separate layer with parchment paper.
When you’re ready to eat them, place them on the counter for about 30 minutes and allow them to thaw.
Can I Use a Different Candy Bar?
You better believe it! You can use an candy bar that you like. Some other great options could be Snickers, Milky Way, Butterfinger, Twix, or Take 5.
Can I Use a Different Cereal in This Recipe?
You rebel you! Making rice krispies treats with something other than rice krispies…unthinkable! Totally joking! Of course you can use any cereal you have on hand or whichever you like best. These are a few ideas:
- Reese’s Puffs
- Cocoa Puffs
- Chocolate Cheerios
- Peanut Butter Cheerios
- Cocoa Pebbles
- Frosted Flakes
- Golden Grahams
- Chocolate Chex
- Peanut Butter Chex
- Rice Chex
- Corn Chex
Tag us on social media if you try a different cereal. I want to see a picture!
Peanut butter and chocolate in one dessert = my happy place! Super easy, no baking, and Reese’s = YESSSSS! You aren’t going to be able to resist these Reese’s rice krispies treats!
More REESE’S RECIPES:
- Reese’s Krispies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie
- 5 Minute Reese’s Snack Mix
- Reese’s Marshmallow Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Ritz Reese’s S’mores Bars
- Reese’s Sundae
- Triple Fudge Reese’s Brownies
- Reese’s Marshmallow Frosted Cookies
- Pretzel Reese’s S’mores
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Reese’s Crumble
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Reese's Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 1/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 10.5 ounce Bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cups chopped and divided
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt the sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter until smooth and evenly combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly add the marshmallow fluff, salt and cereal and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Wait about 2 min and add the mini marshmallows, quickly folding the mixture together then add all but 4-5 Reese's candy and stir carefully so as to not smash up the candy too much.
- Line a 9x9" square pan with parchment paper, spray with nonstick spray and spread the mixture in. Top with chopped Reese's.
- Let cool and devour!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.