This Reese’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie is over the top delicious. Plus 3 questions that have changed my marriage and family.
Can you believe it’s almost Valentines Day? Time is suddenly flying by so fast and I am desperately trying to prepare little Valentines with our little one to give out in class. I’m not a crafty mom nor do I feel the pressure to have an over the top Valentine, but she loves crafts so we are doing a little something. Cade and I have always felt like we would rather work hard all year on being better about showing and sharing our love than making a huge deal and adding lots of pressure on one another for Valentines Day. We love making a special meal with the family and having an over the top dessert instead of spending gobs of money. Which is where this Reese’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie comes in.
“Have mercy!” Quick, who said that on an old TGIF show? But really, this cookie pie is so amazingly delicious and rich. You could even add a scoop of ice cream like the millionaire skookie if you wanted to, but this was so good we didn’t want to add anything. And we do often just use Pillsbury cookie dough for time. We’ve been working really hard on how we communicate and show love lately and while making things together to devour together definitely helps us all relax and feel a little love it’s not the only way to do it.
Whenever Cade gets home from work I’ve found myself in the habit of asking, “How was your day?” to which he replies, “good, how was yours” or “pretty good, how about you?”, or there’s always, “meh, kinda long.” Well, that was a lame-o exchange. Haha, why do we even ask each other just to say the same ol’ thing? I started to feel like it was a little silly, and then I noticed it that my daughter and I do it after school too! Where’s the love? Where’s the real conversation and sharing?!
So, I decided to try an experiment. And then I forgot. Because that’s what happens to mom’s sometimes. We get a really good idea, generally in the shower because that’s where the best thinking happens, and then we get out and forget it.
So 2 weeks later I finally remembered and put it into action. Within 1 week we were having the best week ever and this experiment has totally changed our marriage and family.
3 Questions That Changed My Marriage
Those questions provide opportunities to connect and communicate and aren’t all humans looking to connect in some way? Plus if you include a peanut butter cookie, half baked, topped with chocolate chips, Reese’s peanut butter cups, marshmallows and more peanut butter cookie dough and then bake it and drizzle with fudge I’m pretty sure you’ll find your spouse more than happy to snuggle a little more and the kids will be more willing to be kind. Try it.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie
Reese's Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie
- 1 package peanut butter cookie dough or 1 *we use Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- Hot fudge for drizzle
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press 2/3 of the dough all over the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until, as seen in the photo, it's starting to set up, but is not baked through.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the bottom, and add the peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over the top.
- Press 1/4 cup sized balls of remaining dough into the palm of your hand and carefully place on the top of the pie.
- Bake for an additional 15--18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remember, the insides are gooey so it will jiggle a little coming out.
- Cool for 6-10 minutes before slicing or 20 minutes for the perfect piece to come out.
- Drizzle with hot fudge for serving.
- *see note for baking tips
The first recipe to go completely viral on pinterest from our site, and it’s full of all of my favorites, peanut butter, chocolate and Reese’s!
Oh how we love cookies. These peanut butter cookies are soft and fluffy but they’ve also got marshmallows and Reese’s all over in them!