Macaroni & Cheese is a classic, but what side do you serve with mac & cheese? Our Simple Roasted Garlic Veggies are the perfect side dish!!
I’ve partnered with Nestle Balance Your Plate to show that our Simple Roasted Garlic Veggies are the perfect side dish for Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese.
Oh man, do not even read the recipe until you’ve pinned these Simple Roasted Garlic Veggies, which I’ve paired with Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese.
They are the perfect side dish to almost any meal and even better, they are crazy easy to make.
There’s not a lot you need to make dinner a balanced meal, but it always sounds way more overwhelming than that.
I’m in that phase of life when I’m juggling a lot of different schedules, and to-dos. It’s seriously so much some days. I honestly need meal time to be the least of my worries, so sit down and let’s chat because I’ve discovered that it’s easier than ever to create a balanced meal.
What Stresses You Out About Mealtime?
Alright, this post is all about our Simple Roasted Garlic Veggies, but they only came about because we were getting so many emails about how to get a nutritious dinner on the table.
Don’t worry, we totally hear you! These are the things we’ve been told about mealtime, so you tell us if it fits what you’re feeling.
- After school rush- After school you’re hurrying here and there and helping with homework so it’s too hard to get dinner and sides made.
- Lack of ideas- Ugh, isn’t that the worst when you can’t think of anything to pair with dinner?
- Not home for dinner- Soccer practice, after school clubs etc are all taking over dinnertime, so what do you do if you’re not even home?
When to Make Dinner
Let’s talk about number 1.
After school your kids need help with homework and require a lot of your attention, which is exactly how it should be. Give yourself just a moment to think about life as a kid. It’s not as carefree as you remember, every feeling and emotion is bigger than ever and school is exhausting.
While it might seem like your kids are crabby after school they are really just crying out for help. They are tired and worn out and aren’t sure how to handle all of that.
We make our dinner prep the night before or at some time in the day. Just chopping veggies in the morning is so helpful to get a nutritious dinner on the table.
Don’t start in the late afternoon. Seriously, it’s such a hassle. Just think of what you could prep ahead and go for it.
Finally, if you’re not home at normal dinner time it can totally throw everything off. Don’t you think? Lately our daughter has had soccer practice right during dinnertime which is such a hassle.
Getting dinner all prepped and sometimes even cooked ahead of time helps us to never be running around with heads cut off trying to pull a meal together.
If you’re having one of those nights where you can’t take on one more thing, Stouffer’s frozen meals can save time in the kitchen. All you have to do is create balanced, tasty sides to go along with it!
I get it, you can’t be everywhere at once, so every now and again just choose one thing you have time for, like a yummy side dish of Simple Roasted Garlic Veggies paired with Stouffer’s Macaroni and Cheese!
Side Dish Ideas
It’s hard to pick out dinner recipes every day, but it’s even harder to think up side dish ideas.
What’s the Deal with Frozen Foods?
- Many frozen foods actually have similar calories and fat than the average homemade recipe, and have greater nutritional benefits than restaurant options. And they are a great time saver and there are so many new dishes and flavors to choose from it’s a great trick for your back pocket.
That’s not what you expected me to say, huh? Sometimes we think that running through a drive through is a better option, and the more we started to hear that the more we wanted to share just a few quick facts and ideas.
- Stouffer’s uses ingredients that consumers trust and recognize, like what they would use in their own home kitchens, with no artificial flavors, or preservatives
- Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese recipe includes simple ingredients, such as freshly made pasta, real cheddar cheese, skim milk and butter
- To build a balanced meal, like what Nestle’s Balance Your Plate program suggests, use frozen prepared foods as your base and pair with an easy-to-make side dish made of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and/or low-fat dairy, like these simple roasted garlic veggies.
How to Make Simple Roasted Garlic Veggies
We were just chatting with a friend about sides for macaroni and cheese. She had texted to ask if Mac N Cheese counted as dinner, I said yes, because hello, it’s pasta! And she immediately said, yeah but what do you serve with macaroni and cheese?
Fresh fruits, veggies, salad etc all make great sides for Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese, but these simple roasted garlic veggies are my real favorite. There’s something about those rich colors and flavor that cannot be resisted.
- Toss veggies of choice that need around the same baking time in olive oil, garlic and kosher salt.
- Roast the veggies until tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with parmesan cheese.
- Oven Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans & Carrots
- Grilled Vegetables
- Roasted Root Veggies
- Pesto Veggie Foil Packets
- One Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Kielbasa
- All SIDE DISHES here!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.
Simple Roasted Garlic Veggies
- 1 1/2 Large Heads of Broccoli chopped
- 2 1/2 Cups Baby Carrots
- 3 Cups Brussels Sprouts halved
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the veggies on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the veggies are soft and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately with Stouffer's Macaroni & Cheese.