How Long Will A Salad Keep?
Salad will keep for 1-5 days.
Salad will keep longer if stored without the dressing on top.
Which Salad Dressings Are Gluten Free?
Annies Naturals, most Hidden Valley, most Maries, all but two of Newman’s Own salad dressing are gluten free.
Most brands of salad dressing will list gluten in the ingredients if they contain gluten.
If a salad dressing is not labeled gluten free, check the list of ingredients.
Is Salad Good For Your Health?
Replacing a high calorie, heavy meal with healthy salad is a great way to slim down.
But, for salad to be healthy, you need to choose healthy ingredients.
Salad toppings, meats and cheeses, high calorie dressings all make salads more filling and more flavorful, but they also add fat and calories.
Cranberry Citrus Relish
- 1 orange, medium, with peel
- 1 Cup cranberries, fresh
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- I like to use red leaf lettuce & spinach, but you can use what-ever blend you like
- Parmesan, chunk up some fresh
- 1 orange, 1 inch chunks
- almonds, Sugared
- 1/8 cup relish, cranberry citrus
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil, little less than a 1/2 cup
For the Relish
- Combine in food processor & pulse until chopped and blended.
- Set aside.
- Toss with my favorite dressing of all time (just enough to lightly coat the greens)
- Blend all ingredients together. (I like to dump them all in a pint jar, put the lid on, and shake it.)