Can Salad Cause ibs?
Eating salad does not cause ibs, however it may trigger symptoms in people who suffer from ibs.
Which Salad Dressings Are Gluten Free?
Annies Naturals, most Hidden Valley, most Maries, all but two of Newman’s Own salad dressing are gluten free.
Most brands of salad dressing will list gluten in the ingredients if they contain gluten.
If a salad dressing is not labeled gluten free, check the list of ingredients.
Is Salad Good For Your Health?
Replacing a high calorie, heavy meal with healthy salad is a great way to slim down.
But, for salad to be healthy, you need to choose healthy ingredients.
Salad toppings, meats and cheeses, high calorie dressings all make salads more filling and more flavorful, but they also add fat and calories.
Cranberry Citrus Relish
- 1 medium orange with peel
- 1 Cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- I like to use red leaf lettuce & spinach but you can use what-ever blend you like
- chunk up some fresh Parmesan
- 1 inch chunks of orange
- Sugared almonds
- 1/8 Cup-ish of cranberry citrus relish
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- shy 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Relish
- Combine in food processor & pulse until chopped and blended.
- Set aside.
- Toss with my favorite dressing of all time (just enough to lightly coat the greens)
- Blend all ingredients together. (I like to dump them all in a pint jar, put the lid on, and shake it.)