So you think you love Knock You Naked Brownies, also known as Caramel Brownies? Just wait until you try these Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies!
Is Peanut Butter Still Good If It Separates?
Yes, it just means the oil and solids have separated.
You can give it a good stir, or store it upside down until the oil is reincorporated into the solids.
I know we’ve chatted about my Mom’s Famous Caramel Brownies before but things just got serious over here as we’ve kind of created the ULTIMATE brownie recipe. I mean, this is it, folks. Everything you love in one place.
How Do You Know When Brownies Are Done?
Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted towards the center of the pan comes out with a few moist crumbs still clinging to it.
The Secret to how to make caramel brownies from a box is back in our caramel brownie post I linked to above. This recipe is a good one to make with a box of cake mix or from scratch which is how we do it in our cookbook, Our Sweet Basil Kitchen.
Peanut butter and caramel totally go together. Isn’t there a peanut butter Milky Way or Snickers candy bar? I think I’ve seen one. It all kind of melts together but you can taste each flavor which is amazing. Just make sure you give them time to cool as these brownies are incredibly gooey in the center so it needs time to set up. We like to let them rest on the counter and then in the fridge for a bit. We don’t store them in the fridge though, that creates a really firm brownie which ruins the gooey factor.
How Long Will Brownies Keep?
Brownies should be covered and stored at room temperature.
They will keep for 3-4 days.
No matter if you choose to go from scratch or the box just make these today. Or tomorrow if you must, but make it happen. The 4th of July is our caramel brownies tradition and these peanut butter caramel brownies are about to take over the world.
If you love these, then you have to try these other BAR DESSERTS:
- Scotcheroos Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Mom’s Famous Caramel Brownies
- Lemon Raspberry Bars
- Brookie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Classic Lemon Bars
- Ritz Reese’s S’more Bars
- Peach Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Oreo Brownies
- Twix Caramelita
- Raspberry Lemon Bars
Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies
- 1 Recipe [Mom's Famous Caramel Brownies] *see note below
- 1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- Prepare the caramel brownies according to instructions.
- Heat the peanut butter for 15-30 seconds or until smooth.
- When you have baked half of the brownie, sprinkle with chocolate chips and the caramel and then pour the peanut butter over the top.
- Pat the remaining brownie into your hand and place piece by piece on the brownies until totally covered.
- Bake for an additional 16 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Allow to cool on the counter for 20-30 minutes and then place in the fridge for 1 hour.
This is it! Whether you call them Knock You Naked Brownies or Caramel brownies doesn’t matter. This is the caramel brownies recipe that uses a cake mix!