That jar of BBQ Ranch Dressing was actually pretty fantastic. We had a lovely dinner with some darling new friends, Emily and Nate from, Is This Really My Life and I brought our loaded salad with bbq ranch dressing. It was a blogship, turned IRL friendship. (Didn’t catch that? You see, as bloggers, and readers sometimes, we start talking back and forth and get used to reading and promoting each other’s stuff, we build a “blogship”. A friendship made through blogs where we get to know each other but we have never met-IRL- In-Real-Life.) I know, that just made me sound like a teenager, but I’m close to the size of one so oh well.
Anyway, Emily made a ridiculously delicious Cajun Burger that about knocked my socks off it was that good. You must try it. And, the picture is beautiful. Just as beautiful as Emily herself. Oh, and you must hear their dating story. Let’s just say there were phone calls, weird breakups, and some tears followed by Marriage. They were totally meant to be together.
I really do think that everyone needs a few great salad recipes that are not out of control hard to make, but absolutely crowd pleasing. Kind of like my Quick and Easy Salad with Garlic Dill Dressing. This one was really yummy, and it was the perfect way to use up the leftover Speck. I say, buy some speck, make one of the dishes from earlier this week and then use the leftovers for this baby.
We usually eat vinaigrette on salad, but every once in a while you just need a thick, and creamy dressing. This one is really flavorful and the kids love it which in my house means, TOUCHDOWN!!
What Is Speck?
Speck actually means “fat”.
Speck is pork fat with or without some meat in it.
Speck is pork belly rubbed down with a cure laced with spices like juniper and bay leaves.
Then it is smoked and aged.
Are Cherry Tomatoes and Grape Tomatoes the Same?
Grape tomatoes are oblong, shaped like a grape.
Cherry tomatoes are round.
Cherry tomatoes are sweeter than grape, and have a thinner skin and are juicier than grape tomatoes.
How Long Will Eggs Keep?
Eggs will keep for 5 weeks in the refrigerator.
They can be frozen for up to 1 year.
Loaded Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing
BBQ Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Cup Fat Free Milk
- 1 Cup Light Mayo
- 1 Package Ranch Dressing Packet
- Romaine Lettuce
- Speck, pan fried and crumbled
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Frozen Corn, thawed
- 2 Eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Sliced
- 2 Cups Tortilla Strips, fried, salted and drained
- Mix the ketchup and brown sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Whisk together the garlic powder, paprika, worcestershire, apple cider vinegar and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl whisk together the milk, mayo, and ranch packet.
- Add the ranch mixings to the BBQ mixing and whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and drizzle the dressing over the top!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2169 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 324.9mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 196.6g Fiber: 23g Sugar: 82.5g Protein: 37.5g