Are Cashews Good for You?
Cashew nuts are nutritionally much the same as other nuts: they are high in fat (around 50 percent), rich in vitamin E and a good source of minerals, particularly magnesium and zinc.
While high in fat, all nuts are ranked highly for their healthy unsaturated fats.
I don’t have much to say other than, we love this easy teriyaki chicken salad! It is such a crowd pleaser and it is perfect as a main course or a side, I mean who wouldn’t want an easy teriyaki chicken salad?! It’s beautiful to bring to showers, parties, BBQ’s, or just to eat something fresh and delicious at your own dinner. Before you move on here’s our Easy teriyaki Chicken Recipe, so you can grab the teriyaki sauce recipe. just sub chicken breasts instead of thighs and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Is Teriyaki Chicken Gluten Free?
The most common source of gluten in teriyaki sauce is the soy sauce.
Most soy sauces, unless labeled gluten-free, contain wheat as well as soybeans, salt and water.
However, commercially available teriyaki sauces may also include gluten-containing additives.
So, when making your own teriyaki chicken, always check the label for gluten free soy sauce.
You may be tempted to switch things up with the mix of ingredients, but don’t. I know some of you may shy away from celery or peppers, but I’m serious, it all works perfectly together. And the best part? It’s easy. Hardly any thought on your part. In fact you could even buy the frozen Teriyaki Chicken if you don’t want to make your own.
What Greens are used in Spring Mix Salad?
Spring mix is made up of 16 fresh greens and lettuces of varying tastes and textures, including red romaine, baby spinach, radicchio, green romaine, red oak leaf, mizuna, red leaf, lollo rosso, arugula, red mustard, green mustard, red chard, frisee, and tatsoi.
My Aunt Paula and her hubby are fantastic chefs and I love to find new recipes from them. This one we had at their son’s wedding reception and I fell in love. When asked to bring it to another cousin’s wedding luncheon I was completely on board. YES! Yes, I will!
Don’t be afraid to switch up your normal salad, and don’t be nervous about the list of ingredients. You’ll be fine, and you will have a salad to take to all sorts of things that you can be super proud of. You. Are. Welcome.
More TERIYAKI Recipes:
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken Pasta Salad
- Teriyaki Beef Casserole
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- Teriyaki Pina Colada Burger
- Teriyaki Veggie Bowl
- Chicken Noodles
- Teriyaki Beef Wrap
- Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla
- Pina Colada Teriyaki Chicken Strips
- All our family friendly ASIAN INSPIRED RECIPES here!
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Salad
For the Salad
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts cooked in [Teriyaki sauce] *see note
- 1 Large Bag of Spring Salad Mix
- 1 Can Mandarin Oranges drained (I left these out this time since my kids tend to eat those and nothing else)
- 1 Cup Celery sliced *optional
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 Can Pineapple Chunks drained
- 4 Green Onions chopped
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Cashews
- Dressing recipe follows
In a blender combine,
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Diced Red Onion
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Poppy Seeds
- For the Salad
- In a large platter, flat to spread out, arrange the lettuce with all of the other ingredients on top, leaving the cashews to be added right before serving, so as to not get soggy. Sometimes it's also nice to just arrange the ingredients around the side, so everyone can take what they want if it is being served family style in a casual setting.
- Drizzle the dressing and top with cashews, serve immediately.
- For the Dressing
- Blend the sugar, mustard and vinegars on high until thoroughly mixed, this should only need a few pulses.
- Turn off the blender.
- Add the purple onion.
- Turn the blender back on and in a slow, steady stream drizzle in the canola oil.
- Add in the poppy seeds and give the blender a few quick pulses to mix in the poppy seeds.
- Chill and serve over the salad.