These mini cheesecakes with salted caramel sauce feature a crunchy graham cracker crust, a creamy cheesecake layer, and a homemade salted caramel sauce topping. A total crowd pleaser!
Caramel Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Hi there! It’s Fiona stopping in from Just So Tasty to share these mini cheesecakes with you. They’re always a huge hit whenever I make them so I’m excited to share the recipe with you!
Now, I absolutely LOVE cheesecake. And for whatever reason, whenever you make a dessert in miniature form I think it becomes even more delicious. Or maybe it’s just the optics of having individual cheesecakes?
These salted caramel mini cheesecake bites are borderline addicting — it’s impossible to stop after eating just one! The combination of crunchy graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake filling, and sweet salted caramel sauce is so delicious. Plus, they’re easier than you might think.
Keep reading to find out how to make this mini cheesecake recipe. This is a wonderful dessert to whip up for the holidays!
Mini Cheesecakes Ingredients
These individual cheesecakes require surprisingly few ingredients to achieve such a rich flavor. Here’s what you’ll need to make these mini cheesecakes:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Brick-style cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream
- Whipping cream
A few of these ingredients are used in each component of these mini cheesecakes, so double check the quantities called for in the recipe card below before starting this recipe!
How to Make Mini Cheesecake Bites
These mini cheesecake bites take some time to prep, but most of that time is spent waiting for each layer to set in the fridge or freezer. Here’s how to make mini cheesecakes:
- Line two muffin pans with muffin liners.
- Make the graham cracker crust, then spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Place in freezer to let the crust set.
- Beat together the cream cheese mixture, then divide evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake in a 350ºF oven until the tops of the cheesecake bites are just set.
- Remove from oven and let mini cheesecakes cool to room temperature before allowing to chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Make the salted caramel sauce, then spoon over the mini cheesecakes.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake Bites?
Yes, cheesecakes freeze incredibly well. To freeze these mini cheesecakes, place the cooled cheesecake bites on a baking pan and freeze, uncovered, until firm. Remove the mini cheesecakes from the freezer, wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil, and place in a freezer bag.
When you’re ready to enjoy the frozen mini cheesecakes, thaw them in the fridge overnight.
How to Store Mini Cheesecakes
The shelf life of cheesecake is influenced by a variety of factors, such as the type of cake, the preservatives used, and how it is stored. It is important to note that these mini cheesecakes should not sit on the counter like regular cake; they must be refrigerated or frozen.
Other Cheesecake Toppings to Try
My family loves the salted caramel sauce atop these mini cheesecakes, but sometimes we like to play around with different cheesecake toppings. Because these are classic vanilla mini cheesecakes, you can pair them with pretty much any topping. A few of our favorite cheesecake toppings are:
Tips for Making Mini Cheesecakes
When making these mini cheesecakes, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First and foremost, your ingredients must be room temperature before you get started. This makes for a creamy, smooth cheesecake batter with no lumps in it.
Second, you need to beat the cream cheese and sugar together really well. Again, you don’t want any lumps to form! Plus, you want to beat a little air into the cream cheese so your cheesecake isn’t too dense.
Finally, you must add in the eggs last. Once the eggs go into the batter, be careful not to overmix, otherwise your cheesecake will wind up being the consistency of a brick. So not what you want.
More Easy Cheesecake Recipes:
- Fantastic Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Blueberry No-Bake Cheesecake
- Mini Dutch Apple Cheesecakes
- No-Bake Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Mini Twix Caramel Cheesecakes
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Nutella Cheesecake
Mini Cheesecakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 20 oz brick-style cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 3 large eggs
For the Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Make the Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees and line two muffin pans with muffin papers (you'll get 24 mini cheesecakes total).
- To make the graham cracker crust, in a medium bowl stir together the graham crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter.
- Spoon the mixture into the bottom of your prepared muffin papers (about 1.5 tablespoons for each) and press down with the bottom of your spoon.
- Place in the freezer to set.
Make the Cheesecake Layer
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until no lumps remain.
- Then beat in the vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Turn down the mixer to low speed then beat in the eggs one at a time being careful not to over mix the batter.
- Remove the muffin trays from the freezer and spoon the cheesecake batter into each muffin paper on top of the graham cracker crust (I like to use a cookie scoop for this).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the cheesecakes look just set.If you see cracks starting to form, then your cheesecakes are definitely done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully to room temperature.
- Cover the trays loosely and set in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Make the Caramel Sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar while stirring occasionally with a heatproof spatula or spoon. It will begin to form clumps, then turn into a smooth amber colored sauce.
- Then stir in the butter. It will bubble up.
- Once the butter is fully melted, pour in the whipping cream slowly and gently stir as it bubbles for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and salt.
- To serve, remove the cheesecakes from the muffin pan. If the papers stick to the tin, you can use a spoon to gently pry the cheesecakes out.
- Spoon a dollop of cooled salted caramel on the top of each cheesecake, and optionally sprinkle with coarse salt.
For more desserts & sweet treats, head on over to my blog or connect with me on social media!