I made these cookie a little
more sturdy since the whole idea was for the kiddos to have a decorating party. In fact if you look me up, Ohsweetbasil on the Vine app you’ll see a little video of Little C saying, “Spwinkles, spwinkles”. So cute. I will admit that those sprinkles spilling all over the table (which has slots that the stinking food falls down into and it’s sooooo annoying to clean) and floor makes me want to cry in a corner. Yes, I know that seems silly, but I hate huge messes. At the same time, I’m all about the kids creating and having fun. Especially during Valentine’s. We like to celebrate the love by spreading it.
Cooking and crafting are essential for kids, in my personal opinion. I believe that it helps kiddos to be more creative, express themselves and feel good about accomplishing things. Our little 6 year old is definitely the “artsy” one in the family. I’m not sure who she gets it from, but it’s certainly not me or Mr. Handsome. We are NOT artistic. One of our favorite things to do is get out the coloring pads and watch her draw while we doodle dumb stuff. She loves it, and we love watching her. Another fun activity is we use this little dip/condiments/snack thingy (as shown below) to put little supplies in to create things or snacks for while we create together. The girls love seeing it come down off of the shelf.
I cannot wait to make a more “Lofthouse” style cookie with this recipe, but I do love how sturdy these were for decorating and the flavor is so “Reese’s” like. MMMMM.
And so, let’s go ahead a throw out a giveaway. I mean, it is all about the love right?
Brookside (Under Hershey’s) is going to hook you up!
Can You Use Salted Butter In a Recipe Instead of Unsalted?
If you’re baking a recipe that calls for unsalted butter and you only have salted on hand, you can use salted butter and eliminate the added salt.
Can Sugar Cookie Dough Be Frozen?
Sugar cookie dough freezes well.
Wrap the cookie dough tightly in plastic wrap, then freeze.
Completely thaw the dough, roll out and cut, then bake.
Can Frosted Cookies Be Frozen?
frosted cookies should be frozen individually after they’ve cooled completely, meaning they should be placed on a baking sheet, not touching, until frozen solid.
Once frozen, they can be transferred to a heavy duty freezer bag.
Frosted cookies will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
PB Sugar Cookies & Giveaway!
Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Creamy, *I prefer Jif
- 1/2 Cup Butter Unsalted and softened
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Salt
- *Chocolate Frosting of choice
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the peanut butter and butter.
- Cream until smooth.
- Add the sugars and cream on medium high speed to one minute.
- Add the vanilla, milk and egg and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk to combine and slowly add to the mixer on low speed.
- As the flour begins to incorporate increase the speed to medium and mix until the dough pulls together in a ball.
- Lightly flour the table, and roll the dough out to about 1/2" thick.
- Cut out the shapes and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 12-17 minutes.
- Let cool and decorate!
More Reese’s Inspired treats