My Mom’s famous caramel brownies are a huge tradition around here. You only need 5 ingredients and you’ve got yourself the most delicious brownies ever! Add one more ingredient, and you have these amazing Snickers brownies!
Where are all my Snickers lovers out there? They are the best candy bar, am I right? I mean, peanuts, caramel, chocolate and nougat…it just doesn’t get any better! Well, actually they do get better when they are wrapped in the most amazing brownie of all time! Just you wait!
These brownies are made from a cake mix (it must be a Betty Crocker German Chocolate cake mix), which makes them so stinkin’ easy! Like I said…just 6 ingredients needed. Let’s do this Snickers caramel brownie thing!
What Ingredients are Needed for Snickers Brownies?
What are those 6 ingredients you ask? Well, let me tell you!
- Box Cake Mix (Betty Crocker German Chocolate)
- Margarine (I know you’re expecting butter…surprise!)
- Evaporated Milk
- Chocolate Chips
- Snickers Candy Bar (mini)
- Kraft Caramels
I know it is hard to believe, but that’s really it! And before we get a bunch of emails asking about it, this recipe really does not need eggs. The cake mix does the job of the eggs.
How to Make Snickers Brownies
For all the specifics, head down to the recipe card. Here are the basics:
- Combine the dry cake mix, milk and margarine in a bowl and pour half the batter into a greased 9×13″ pan.
- Put the other half of the batter into the refrigerator.
- Place the 9×13″ pan into the oven and while it bakes, start unwrapping the caramels and place them in a glass bowl.
- Add evaporated milk to the caramels and start melting them in the microwave in 30 second intervals stirring between.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips all over it followed by the caramel and then the candy bar pieces.
- Now take the other half of the batter from the fridge. It needs to end up in a thin layer on top of the Snickers pieces and caramel. I’ve included a couple of way to do that in the recipe card.
- Put it back into the oven and finish baking the brownies. It is best to wait until they are cool before serving.
Can You Freeze Brownies?
Brownies freeze very well.
Double wrap the brownies in plastic wrap and then foil, or put in ziplock freezer bag and freeze for up to 4 months.
How do You Store Brownies?
Store in an airtight container or double wrap in foil.
How do You Know When Brownies Are Done?
Insert a toothpick in the center of the pan.
If it comes out clean, they are done.
Sometimes you want a gooey brownie, but not under-cooked.
The best method to determine doneness in this case is to watch for the brownies to slightly pull away from the edge of the pan.
Then check to see if they are “set” in the middle.
They should not wiggle when you gently shake the pan.
My mom’s caramel brownies caused mine and Cade’s first fight. You’ve gotta head over to that post to read the details…hahaha, so funny to me know! These Snickers brownies nearly cause a fight every time I make them now because we both want to eat them alllllllll!
If you love these, then you have to try these other BAR DESSERTS:
- Scotcheroos Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Lemon Raspberry Bars
- Brookie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Classic Lemon Bars
- Ritz Reese’s S’more Bars
- Peach Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Oreo Brownies
- Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies
- Twix Caramelita
- Raspberry Lemon Bars
- 1 Box Cake Mix, Betty Crocker, German Chocolate, and yes, the kind matters.
- 2/3 Cup Margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips, semi sweet or milk chocolate
- 8 Candy Bars, Snickers, mini, chopped
For The Filling
- 1 Bag Caramels, Kraft
- 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, mix the dry cake mix with the milk and margarine.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the pan and gently spread it out. It will be very thick.
- Place remaining batter in the fridge.
- Place in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unwrap the caramels into a glass bowl and add 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring between until smooth.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Pour the caramel over the chocolate.
- Sprinkle chopped candy bars over the caramel.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and gently pat a tablespoon or so into the palm of your hand. If it sticks run your hands under cool water or spray with a little nonstick spray.
- Place each piece over the caramel and snickers like a patchwork quilt until all of the caramel and candy bars are covered.
- You can also place saran wrap next to the pan and press the dough onto that in the exact size of the pan. Just measure by doing the length and then moving the pan to the end to measure the width. Carefully flip it onto the caramel. Bake an additional 16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven all allow to cool before serving.
- You can also place in the fridge to help the caramel really set up which makes for easier serving.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.