Crisp and buttery oats, layers of chocolate, caramel and chunks of Twix candy bars? Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m in. These Twix Caramelitas are about to knock your dang socks off!
If you like it then you better put a twix in it… I’m pretty sure that’s the popular song by Beyonce right? It sounds a lot better to me, especially around this time a year when candy seems to be popping out of everyone’s ears! And since Twix was my favorite as a kid, well that and Milky Way, and since carmelitas are one of our favorite desserts we couldn’t resist putting them together for the ultimate Twix Carmelitas.
And who wouldn’t want to stick an awesome candy bar in their dessert? I love to do it if we have to go out for ice cream. Yes, it freezes it a bit but for some reason I just love it! It’s so blasted yummy.
The original carmelitas are pretty fantastic on their own, and once I created this recipe my mind started racing with all of the other Twix possibilities so now you all have a lot of crazy desserts to look forward to. And the chocolate bars make them extra melty versus chocolate chips that don’t run as much. YUM! Cannot wait to experiment! If I can keep my grubby mitts out of the bag of course. Oh, Twix how I love thee.
Are Twix Bars Gluten Free?
Twix bars have a cookie base, made from wheat flour.
Because of the cookie, Twix bars are not gluten free.
Are Old Fashioned Oats Gluten Free?
Oats and oat meal are naturally gluten-free.
However, during farming, transportation and storage, gluten-containing grains like wheat, rye, barley and spelt may be unintentionally introduced.
How Long Will Blondies Keep?
Blondies, covered in an airtight container will keep for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge.
You can also freeze up to 3 months.
If you love these, then you have to try these other BAR DESSERTS:
- Scotcheroos Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Mom’s Famous Caramel Brownies
- Lemon Raspberry Bars
- Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats
- Brookie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Snickers Caramel Brownies
- Classic Lemon Bars
- Ritz Reese’s S’more Bars
- Peach Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Oreo Brownies
- Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies
- Raspberry Lemon Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup oats, old fashioned
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 milk chocolate bars
- 24 caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 10 twix minis, chopped
- In a glass bowl, unwrap the caramels and add the evaporated milk.
- Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir to combine and press 1/3 into an 8x9" pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Lay the chocolate down, top with caramel and twix and sprinkle the remaining crust mixture on top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes and set aside to cool before cutting.
- Or serve warm, which is our favorite but more messy