If you like it then you better put a twix in it… I’m pretty sure that’s the popular song by Beyonce right? It sounds a lot better to me, especially around this time a year when candy seems to be popping out of everyone’s ears! And since Twix was my favorite as a kid, well that and Milky Way, and since carmelitas are one of our favorite desserts we couldn’t resist putting them together for the ultimate Twix Carmelitas.
And who wouldn’t want to stick an awesome candy bar in their dessert? I love to do it if we have to go out for ice cream. Yes, it freezes it a bit but for some reason I just love it! It’s so blasted yummy.
The original carmelitas are pretty fantastic on their own, and once I created this recipe my mind started racing with all of the other Twix possibilities so now you all have a lot of crazy desserts to look forward to. And the chocolate bars make them extra melty versus chocolate chips that don’t run as much. YUM! Cannot wait to experiment! If I can keep my grubby mitts out of the bag of course. Oh, Twix how I love thee.
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 milk chocolate bars
- 24 caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 10 twix minis, chopped
- In a glass bowl, unwrap the caramels and add the evaporated milk.
- Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir to combine and press 1/3 into an 8×9″ pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Lay the chocolate down, top with caramel and twix and sprinkle the remaining crust mixture on top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes and set aside to cool before cutting.
Or serve warm, which is our favorite but more messy
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.