I never really thought I was a chicken thigh girl. Chicken Breasts have always been a bit more up my alley, and while I know that these sweet and saucy grilled chicken thighs are not as healthy as a grilled breast, they are super tender and juicy which is totally worth giving into every now and again. These particular thighs are really easy to make and I promise that they will get devoured at any end of summer BBQ… END OF SUMMER. Gosh!! Can you believe school is starting again soon?!!! I am completely not prepared and not really looking forward to a strict schedule again. Speaking of school…
Graduation day was a bit of a crazy day. The morning went fine. We all got ready and piled into the car right on time, and when we arrived we quickly found our seats and sat down. Cade and I ran into an old friend from college and sat and visited until it was time to start. I honestly was excited for my brother in law to graduate and to be there with family, but other than that it wasn’t like we were all that into graduation. I mean, they last forever and truthfully they are a bit boring. We were getting a bit antsy when it all finally started.
Everyone got a little more quiet and I cannot fully explain what I or Cade felt, but I will give it my best shot.
I looked down as the professors, dressed in their robes began their quiet, strong procession to their seats by the stage, and my heart leaped in my chest. My entire bosom was on fire and my heart palpitating beyond belief. My heart was going crazy, but I felt such a still, quiet peace all around me. It was as if for a moment, just a moment, the entire world stopped and everything blurred around me. The air was still, the crowd quiet, and I was completely in awe of what I was feeling. With eyes opened wide I turned to my husband, who was already turning to look at me and we both said, at the same time, “Are you feeling that?”. He quickly answered by saying, “that peace and yet burning and beating of my heart. Yes, do you?” I nodded and Cade added, “I guess I’m going back to school.” My arms filled with goosebumps and I knew, we had just received an answer to prayers and direction for our future.
In just one minutes time we went from having just lost our job and feeling confused about Physical Therapy school and starting to apply again, to having complete peace and absolute direction in our lives. We knew it. We felt it. In a way we almost heard it. I truly cannot possibly communicate how incredibly grateful we were and are for that tender mercy. It is not always about trials being removed, sometimes it’s about the peace, direction and growth that we receive while we are enduring the hard moments. I am grateful that we have the opportunity to be stretched and enlightened as we push through trials. Do I like the hard stuff? Nope. It’s certainly not fun, but I know that we were given that moment to know that we do have worth. We, especially Cade is meant to do great things. but I have never seem my husband so peaceful and enthusiastic about his future. That moment, was worth that hard week. I will never forget that tender moment, the moment where the world stopped and we knew that someone was watching out for us, and we were going to be just fine.
Can Grilled Chicken Be Frozen?
Cooked chicken that has been frozen does lose some of its texture and flavor.
But, you can safely freeze grilled chicken to be used at a later time.
Wrap the chicken in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag.
Does Grilled Chicken Have Fat?
White and dark chicken meat does naturally contain fat.
Skin adds a lot of fat, so skinless chicken pieces are lower in fat.
Grilling is one of the healthiest ways to cook chicken because there is no added fat when grilled.
Is It Safe To Eat Cold Grilled Chicken?
It is safe to eat cold grilled chicken that has been thoroughly cooked and then rapidly cooled.
Left over grilled chicken should be eaten within 2 days.
Sweet and Saucy Grilled Chicken Thighs
Sweet and Saucy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup I prefer the real stuff. You can find Grade A or B in your local grocery stores, especially health food stores
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (About 10)
- Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, maple syrup and rice vinegar.
- Whisk until completely smooth and well incorporated.
- In a baking dish, lay the chicken thighs in and sprinkle evenly with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- Turn the thighs over and repeat on the remaining side.
- Pour about 2/3 of the sauce over the chicken, tossing to coat well, and set aside the remaining sauce for grilling.
- Cover the chicken dish with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 30min.
- Remove the meat from the fridge and let rest on the counter for 5-8 minutes. (It is always best to cook meat that is not straight out of the fridge.)
- Heat your grill to medium high heat and place the thighs on the grill.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes per side (depending on the size of the thigh)
- Flip the chicken and baste with the sauce.
- Continue to cook through, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and tent with foil.
- Let rest for 2-3 minutes and then serve!
If there’s one thing I know it’s that everyone needs a great grilling recipe that is easy on the cook, but flashy and tasty for the guests. Here it is. You. Are. Welcome. 🙂