Does Pineapple Have Vitamin C?
Pineapples contain high amounts of Vitamin C.
Cade has created a monster. A real life hamburger monster. Annnd that sounds gross. I’ve never really cared for burgers, but slowly and surely I’m realizing that it’s all about a well done burger. In fact I had one in Portland at Yakuza last fall that is still one of the best I’ve ever had. Except I had to shower when I got home as all the spices had gotten stuck in my hair and made my hair smell horrid. But it was worth it. Anyway we’ve been creating quite a few favorites like the Brazilian burger and the rest I’ll list with photos at the bottom of the post so you all can go pin crazy. But this teriyaki pina colada burger (which was inspired by the darling Jeana Hammer), well thanks to our 2 secrets for the best burger, is awesome!
What Hamburger Meat is Best?
Cut from the shoulder, ground chuck ranges from 15 to 20 percent fat and has a “rich” flavor and “tender,” “moist” texture.
The best choice for burgers.
Ground sirloin is a bit “dry” in burgers, though it does have “good beef flavor.”
This is one of those burgers that you kind of have to trust me on. I know some maybe find it weird that we baste the burger, but trust me, it’s so yum. Good golly it’s good! I mean, if you can make a teriyaki steak (which happens to be a favorite of mine at Tepanyaki grills) then why not a burger? And then as they were cooking I thought, we just had Maui pork nachos with pina colada sauce which is one of our favorite football foods ever, so why not use the leftover sauce to make a pina colada mayo?! BOOYAH BABY!!
read more: Love burgers? Give our Special Burger Sauce a go too!
When is Hamburger Meat Done?
The interior of a raw hamburger usually does contain bacteria, and is safest if cooked well done.
Because E. coli is killed at 155 degrees Fahrenheit, the USDA sets the minimum safe temperature for ground beef at 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
The pina colada sauce originally comes from our ham dipping sauce, and you absolutely must try it and the world’s best honey mustard sauce come holiday season.
It turned out so fantabulous! We all agreed that the only thing that would have made it even better would have been to use this brown sugar grilled pineapple, but we were trying to not ingest 5 million calories in one sitting so we decided on plain pineapple.
How Long Will Cooked Hamburger Keep?
Cooked ground beef will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Bless this Mess also has a yummy Fajita Burger so check it out!
More TERIYAKI Recipes:
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken Pasta Salad
- Teriyaki Beef Casserole
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- Teriyaki Veggie Bowl
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Teriyaki Beef Wrap
- Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla
- Pina Colada Teriyaki Chicken Strips
- Chicken Noodles
- All our family friendly ASIAN INSPIRED RECIPES here!
Teriyaki Pina Colada Burger
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Teriyaki Pina Colada Burger
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/3 cup pina colada sauce and mayo.
- Butter each side of the buns, set aside, and heat the grill to high heat.
- Mix the meat gently with the 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce.
- Form into 4 burgers and brush with a little melted butter then sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill and grill 4-7 minutes .
- Using a spoon drizzle the teriyaki over the burgers.
- Flip the burger and using a brush or a new spoon, spread teriyaki over the burger, plus any more at the end to taste.
- Allow to cook for another 4-7 minutes or until done. (A well done burger will not be as flavorful so we usually do medium)
- Place cheese over each burger right before it is done and close the lid to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile, grill the pineapple until marks appear, about 2 minutes, flip and grill again.
- Remove to a plate and cut out the core.
- Grill each bun, inside down until grill marks appear.
- Spread the pina colada mayo on each side of the bun.
- Place the burger, pineapple and bacon on the bottom and top with the lid.