It snowed yesterday. It brings with it the craving for warm delicious soups! We get all warm in our houses and enjoy soups, warm desserts, hot cocoa, etc while watching the snow fall. This White Bean Turkey Chili soup is a great one.
This soup is not very spicy at all and the fennel adds another layer of deliciousness. It’s pretty healthy too! I love that. The white beans give great texture and the ground turkey is lighter than beef which of course keeps the soup light. Don’t worry though, you still get filled up and it’s still hearty enough that you aren’t taking more servings than you should. Serve with corn bread or in soup bowls and it’s the perfect winter soup.
Serve with THIS cornbread
Are Beans Good For You?
Beans are a rich source of fiber and B vitamins.
They are also a good source of protein.
Beans are beneficial in reducing cholesterol, decreasing blood sugar levels and increasing healthy gut bacteria.
Do Dry Beans Need To Be Soaked?
Soaking dry beans makes the cooking time shorter.
However, if you have time for a long simmer, the beans do not need to be soaked first.
Can Chili Be Frozen?
Cooked chili can be frozen.
Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
Here are some more CHILI RECIPES that you’ll love:
- Award Winning Healthy Turkey Instant Pot Chili
- Best Stove Top Chili
- Cheesy Ground Beef Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- Pumpkin Apple Cider Chili
- White Chicken Chili
- Surprise Chili
- Dr Pepper and Chocolate Chili
- Healthy One Pot Chili Macaroni
- Classic Instant Pot Chili
- All our Chili, Soup, and Stew Recipes here!
White Bean Turkey Chili
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
White Bean Turkey Chili
Recipe By Me
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Sweet, chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic Small to Medium, Minced
- 1 1/2 lbs Turkey Lean Ground
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cumin plus 2 teaspoons, Ground
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Fennel
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 3-4 tablespoons Flour
- 30 oz Chicken Broth Low-Sodium
- 30 oz Beans Great Northern, drained and rinsed
- 1 Bunch Spinach Large, chopped into large pieces
- 1 Can Corn drained
- pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pot and add onion.
- Cook the onion until soft and translucent, about 4 min.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add ground turkey and seasonings.
- Stir and let cook about 6-10 min or until cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and parsley.