Sometimes something is so easy you feel like it would be a total waste to ever tell anyone because chances are they are already doing it and it’s so easy it will almost make you look ridiculous to be making a big deal out of it, but here we are doing just that. I’m sharing our easy grilled chicken for tacos recipe because people have asked us what we do for our tacos or mentioned how yummy it smells while cooking so forgive me for posting a recipe that really isn’t a recipe.
On days that are crazy busy but we still need to get dinner on the table that isn’t pancakes or leftovers we tend to turn on the grill and bust out a little Mexican. Not literally a little Mexican person, that sounded weird. I mean we make something like tacos or whatever. We literally just take boneless, skinless breasts, sprinkle evenly with a good taco seasoning or homemade (Rachel Cooks’ recipe is the one we use), oil the grill and cook until done. Then we shred the meat, add our toppings and a squeeze of lime and tada! Yes, you could do it in the oven or a pan, but the smokiness from the grill is really the secret here. It makes everything taste a little more delicious.
Can You Grill Chicken In the Oven?
Chicken can be grilled in the oven.
Line a baking sheet with foil and set an oven-safe rack on the foil.
Set the oven shelf to the upper third of the oven.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Set the meat on the rack and place the pan with rack in the oven.
With the oven set on “bake,” cook until done.
Will Taco Seasoning Work For Fajitas?
Chili powder and cumin are found in both mixtures, with cumin being more prevalent in the subtle fajita seasoning.
Chili powder is more prevalent in the bolder taco seasoning.
But, you could use taco seasoning if you don’t have any fajita seasoning.
You could even add a little more cumin to boost the taste.
Can Taco Shells Be Heated in the Microwave?
Yes, you can heat taco shells in the microwave.
Unwrap shells; place on microwavable plate.
Fan out overlapping slightly.
Microwave on High 45 seconds until warm.
Easy Grilled Chicken for Tacos Recipe
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- Olive Oil for the grill
- The amount of seasoning depends on the size of the chicken breasts.
- The most important part is just to sprinkle evenly on both sides so that all of the meat is covered.
- Heat a grill over medium heat and dip a paper towel in a little olive oil or canola if you must.
- Using tongs, wipe the oil over the grill and then place the meat down, cookingn 5-7 minutes per side, turning only once.
- Place on a plate and lightly cover (not wrap) with tin foil and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before shredding.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 173 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 99.3mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 1.9g Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 0.3g Protein: 30.7g