I’ve never really been a hamburger girl. I’ve always thought they were too dry and grainy. I realize that may not seem too American to hate a hamburger, but I think I may always prefer a panini, turkey club or something of that sort. Well, that’s not true. Lately I’ve been trying hamburgers to see if I could find one I like. I’ve had three so far, and I’ve hated two of them and this last one, the garlic basil caprese burgers, well I secretly kinda loved it…
I will be the first to admit that I made the patties too small, but hey, I’m still learning how big to make them. I have discovered a little trick to keep them nice and even, but I’ll share that on Wednesday.
I started this burger out with a garlic, basil mayonnaise. My husband was a little skeptical, well he never said he was, but I know that look. Anyway, I secretly was skeptical too, but of course I had to play it off as if it was going to be delicious, and thank goodness it totally turned out. In fact, we used it on sandwiches for the rest of the week.
I decided that since we were doing a basil spread we might as well add a cheese like Mozzarella that would compliment the basil and still melt down all gooey like. It worked perfectly and while I would definitely make the patty bigger next time I wouldn’t change anything else. I’m surprised just how much of a difference a juicy patty and an amazing spread can make. Seriously, that basil mayo sounds so simple, but it is wonderful.
Will Garlic Keep Mosquitoes Away?
The smell of garlic is known to repel mosquitoes.
However, smearing garlic over your body may repel more than mosquitoes.
Will Garlic Lower Blood Pressure?
Studies show that eating 1-4 cloves of garlic a day will help lower blood pressure.
Are Tomatoes Nutritious?
Tomatoes are high in an antioxidant that is shown to help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Tomatoes are also a good source of Vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin K.
Garlic Basil Caprese Burgers
Garlic Basil Caprese Burgers
- Lean Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- Hamburger Buns
- Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
Garlic Basil Mayo
- 1/2 Cup Light Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Packed Basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Small Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix burger ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Form the patties, trying not to manipulate the meat too much, adding a small indentation in the middle to keep the meat from puffing up and shrinking.
- Salt and pepper each side and place on the grill.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and flip only once to the other side, and cook 3-5 minutes.
- The last 1-2 minutes add your cheese so it has time to melt.
- Remove from the grill and immediately top with the lettuce, tomato and garlic basil mayo.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 395 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 9.8g Fiber: 0.5g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1.8g