A little grilled corn and gorgonzola steak salad is the perfect way to end a beautiful summer full of moments and memories. The flavor will knock your socks off!!
The most tender balsamic skirt steak cooked to a perfect medium temperature, sliced thin and layered with grilled corn, zucchini and juicy tomatoes all over the top of a fresh mix of green and dotted with gorgonzola cheese. It is even better served with sourdough bread that’s been sliced and broiled with a little olive oil and garlic. Geez, I’m hungry all over again!
Do you have a recipe that has evolved so much over the years it’s almost nothing like the original? It’s kind of like my life. Who I thought I was, what I thought I loved and needed and wanted is nothing like… well maybe still a little similar to what and who I am now. And that’s exactly how I think it should be. A little growth, a lot of learning and better in the end.
I originally started making a steak salad with just simple greens and tomatoes. That evolved as we visited more restaurants, one in particular here in Utah and they added fresh herbs and blue cheese, which I’m a little easier with Gorgonzola so that was quickly changed. I could go on and on, but in the end I took a nod from Aberdeen’s kitchen to fill in all the missing pieces!
Ingredients for Gorgonzola Steak Salad
Grab your steak from the butcher and then head to the produce section! That’s where you will get almost all of the ingredients for this salad recipe. Oh, and a few things for the delicious dressing that you probably have in the pantry already. Here’s what you will need:
- Steak Marinade
- Skirt Steak
For the Salad
- Yellow Sweet Corn on the Cob
- Spring Mix
- Endive Heads
- Grape Tomatoes (Petit Medley)
- Green Onions
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Lemon Zest
- Black Pepper
For the Dressing
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
All the ingredient measurements can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Gorgonzola Steak Salad
You will start by getting the steak marinating, so head to our post for the best steak marinade ever and get that going first. Then these are the steps for making this salad:
- Grill the steak as stated in the same post and let it rest before slicing it.
- Char the corn on the grill and when it is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob.
- Saute the zucchini on the stove top and season with salt and pepper.
- Add all the greens, endive, vegetables, herbs and lemon zest to a large bowl with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon and toss everything together.
- You can add some dressing (see directions below) now or allow people to dress their own salads.
- Add the steak to the top of the salad and sprinkle with the gorgonzola.
Making the Dressing
- Add the ingredients for the dressing to a mason jar, put the lid on it and shake to combine.
All of these instructions are also listed in the recipe card down below. You can find greater detail there and you can also save or print the recipe from the recipe card.
Substitutes for Gorgonzola
There are a few cheeses that can be substituted for gorgonzola:
- Blue d’ Auvergnev
- Goat Cheese
- Gorgonzola Dolce
What Kind of Steak Should I Use?
How Long Does Steak Salad Keep?
More Fabulous Salad Recipes:
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Spinach Berry Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Salad
- Smoked Chicken Kale Salad
- Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Flank Steak Summer Salad
- The BEST Mango Chicken Salad
- Sweet Pork Salad with Mango Dressing
- Chicken Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Chicken Taco Salad
- All our SALAD RECIPES!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Grilled Corn and Gorgonzola Steak Salad
- 1 Best Steak Marinade see note
- 1 Skirt Steak
For the Salad
- 1 1/2 Ears of Yellow Sweet Corn Boiled for 5-7 minutes
- 6 Cups Spring Mix
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 2 Endive Heads Core Removed and roughly chopped
- 1 Zucchini sliced and quartered
- 2 Cups Petit Medley Grape Tomatoes about 8-10 ounce container, tomatoes halved
- 1/2 Stalk Green Onions Sliced
- 1 Shallot Thinly Sliced
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Basil Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley Minced
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- Crack of Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper
- In a large ziplock bag, add the marinade ingredients. Seal the bag and squish to combine the ingredients. Add the steak and marinate according to recipe instructions.
- Grill the Steak according to the recipe, set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat a gas burner or grill to high heat. Dry off the corn and char on each side. Set aside until cool enough to touch and remove all corn kernels to a bowl.
- Set a pan over the burner and heat over medium high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and add the zucchini once hot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and char each side for about 2 minutes per side or until char marks appear. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the greens, endive, veggies, herbs and lemon zest. Add a pinch of salt and squeeze of the lemon if desired. Toss together. If desired, add some of the dressing and toss again or allow your guests to completely dress themselves.
- On a platter, arrange the greens and veggies. Top with sliced steak and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with remaining dressing.
For the Dressing
- In a mason jar, add all dressing ingredients, add a lid and shake to combine.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.