It’s the best salty-sweet flavor combination. These Rolo pretzels have everything I love! Between the crispy, salty pretzels and gooey caramel, this is a treat that no one can resist.
I had these cute little Christmas Rolo M&M Pretzels years and years ago and I absolutely fell in love with them. They are so simple but good heavens they are addicting!
The Best Christmas Treat for Kids to Make
This is one of those things that you must teach your kids to make. It is so simple that you don’t have to worry about messes or problems and it is a great chance for them to invite friends over or do a little service by delivering them to people that might need a pick-me-up.
Did your family do that growing up? Our family loved to ding-dong ditch friends and neighbors or have some loved ones over to play games and munch on snacks like this one.
- Grab a favorite treat or small gift like redbox codes
- Package them up
- Drive the kids to a friend’s house and let them run up and leave it on the door
- Ring the doorbell and run away before they see who left the gift!
It’s so much fun and teaches kids to start thinking about who could use a little service.
Rolo Pretzel Ingredients
Rolo pretzels at my house look like this:
- Square pretzels (or mini regulars are fine too but squares hold up better)
- Rolos (You can buy packages already unwrapped now! winning!)
- M&Ms- we usually buy red and green or pink, white and red for holidays.
How to Make Rolo Pretzels with M&Ms
- Heat the oven to a low heat.
- Meanwhile, line a large cookie sheet with square pretzels. You can do as many as you’d like.
- Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel and scoot into the oven carefully so as to not knock any chocolates off.
- Once the chocolate is shiny, remove from the oven and gently press an m&m onto the top.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Oh Sweet Basil Pro Tip!
When I first started making these I had issues with the chocolate not being melted enough and the rolos still standing tall or the Rolo melting too much into a puddle.
The key is in the TEST.
Open the door and pull the cookie sheet out. If the chocolate is looking shiny, gently press an m&m in so as to not force it into a hole. The chocolate should slowly bend down into a soft round.
Are Pretzels Gluten Free?
Pretzels are generally not gluten free as they are made with flour. However, times have greatly changed and there are many gluten free pretzel options at most grocery stores.
What Other Topping Options?
I have seen a few fun options for Rolo pretzels, try one of these if you don’t have regular m&ms!
- Pecan Halves
- Peanut Butter M&Ms
- Peppermint Bits
- Peanut M&Ms
How to Store Rolo Pretzels
Make sure you store your little pretzel snacks in the right way. A plastic storage container is best so that there isn’t as much jiggling and breaking of the pretzels.
I do not recommend placing them in the fridge as the pretzels will start to go soggy.
How Long Will Rolo Pretzels Keep?
These yummy Christmas snacks will keep for up to 2 weeks!
Whether you need an easy neighborhood Christmas goody or a quick snack for a holiday party, these Rolo pretzels are your answer! They are sweet, salty and crunchy which is everything a snack should be!
Other Snack Ideas
- Christmas Snack Mix
- White Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Churro Chex Mix
- White Chocolate Cream Cheese Mints
- M&M Chocolate Pizza
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Snaps
- Nutter Butter Snowmen
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Christmas Rolo Pretzels with M&Ms
- 15 oz. Pretzels Pretzel Snaps (square, regular flavor)
- 2 Bags Rolo Candy
- 1 Bag M&M candy Christmas M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place a Rolo on each pretzel on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes or until the chocolate is shiny and can be pressed with an m&m without completely standing but not melting all over either.
- Allow to set completely in a cool, dry place.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.