Irresistible snack alert!!! I don’t even know how this happened or what to tell you other than, I smoked cheezits and then I ate them all.
Ok, I didn’t eat them all but for someone who isn’t really into rando snacks like this, it’s a pretty big deal that I couldn’t keep my grubby little hands out of them.
We had some of our best friends over one night for dinner and swimming and afterwards ended up in the backyard roasting marshmallows and chatting away until the stars came out. If you’ve snagged a copy of our cookbook, Raised in the Kitchen you know what this is called, Sobremesa and it’s honestly my favorite part of the entire book. I’ll let you read all about it yourselves, but man, it was suuuuch a good night.
And then Steve mentioned that his friend had smoked cheezits and I became obsessed. I lasted 4 days before curiosity got the best of me and I went for it. I decided to not google any recipes but to just wing it on my own and I am pretty dang sure that’s why it turned out awesome, it was pure inspiration.
Ingredients for Smoked Cheezits
Four ingredients is all you will need:
- Cheezits (16oz box)
- Italian Dressing Packets
The measurements for each can be found in the recipe card down below.
How to Make Smoked Cheezits Snack Recipe
When we think of a Traeger or smoker, we automatically think of large smoked meats, but I’m starting to be totally obsessed with smoked snacks and desserts, like our smoked peach crisp. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix the oil and Worcestershire together and then toss the Cheezits in them in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the dressing packets on them and toss again to coat.
- Heat the smoker on super smoke for 15 minutes with the lid closed and then increase the temperature.
- Spread the cheezits on a sheet pan and smoke for 1 hour stirring periodically.
- NOTE: If they start to get toobrown, remove them from the smoker.
- Serve immediately or within a couple of days.
How Long to Smoke Cheezits
One of the best things about this recipe is that you have an insanely delicious snack right at your fingertips in only an hour. It might be done a little sooner even.
What Wood Should I Use?
Oak or hickory are my go to, and apple is also really good.
Can I Use a Grill Instead of a Smoker to Make this Snack?
I wouldn’t recommend using a grill for this recipe. The direct heat from a grill would burn it before adding much of the smokey flavor you’re after. Get yourself a Traeger! You’ll never regret it!
What Spices to Use on Smoked Cheezits?
The combination of the Worcestershire with the Italian dressing seasoning if really doing it for me, but if you want to mix it up, here are a few ideas:
- Ranch seasoning packets (2)
- Traeger dry rubs
- Sriracha seasoning
How to Store Smoked Cheezits
Smoked Cheezits should be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
When to Eat Smoked Cheezits
The store answer is always. I want to eat them always and I don’t need a reason. But if you want to have more self control, here are a few ideas of when to smoke these babies up:
- New Years Eve party
- Baby or bridal shower
- Family reunion
- Superbowl party
- Holiday parties
- After school snack
We want to know what event you make this recipe for! Post on social media and tag us!
I double dippin’ triple diggity dog dare you to make these smoked Cheezits and not eat your weight in them! They are so easy, so addicting, and everything a snack should be!
More Addictive Snack Recipes:
- Muddy Buddies Mix
- Churro Chex Mix
- 5 Minute Reese’s Snack Mix
- Coconut Sweet Chex Mix
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Salt & Vinegar Popcorn
- Easy Candied Pretzels
- Parmesan Herb Pretzel Nibblers
- Ranch Slow Cooker Chex Mix
- Cinnamon Roll Pretzel Bites
- Churro Popcorn
- Reese’s Krispies Popcorn
- Coconut Oil Kettle Corn
- All our yummy Snack Recipes!
- 1 Box Cheezits, 16oz
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2 Packets Italian Dressing Powder
- Mix the oil and Worcestershire together and toss with the Cheezits in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the dressing seasonings into the bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat the smoker to super smoke for 15 min with the lid closed then 225 with the lid closed.
- Spread the Cheezits on a pan and cook with the lid closed for 1 hour, stirring every 15-30 minutes. If they begin to brown too much just remove them.
- Serve immediately or within 48 hours. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.