Brownies stuffed with a creamy white chocolate cream cheese filling and a big juicy strawberry on top. These tuxedo brownie cups are elegant and delicious!
These Tuxedo Brownie Cups are just what we needed to get us out of our dessert rut. We love brownies, fresh from the oven with a little bit of ice cream, but lately we’ve just been getting a little over exposed to the whole brownie scene. It seems like everywhere you go there’s sure to be a brownie whether it’s church or a friend’s house for dinner. Can you really blame them? Brownies are delicious and they go with just about any occasion or meal so they are the perfect “go to” dessert when you’ve got a lot going on, but it’s time to give brownies a little dressing up.
We wanted to mix up dessert a bit so we tried these Tuxedo Brownie Cups and I’m so glad we did!
The cream cheese filling is absolutely divine, but really can you EVER go wrong with cream cheese filling? It’s creamy and perfect along with that bold chocolate and the fresh, sweet berry.
Lumps in Cream Cheese
Remember, when cooking or baking with cream cheese you need to either set it out for a bit so that you can soften the brick, making a smooth spread, or fill a sink with warm water and let it sit, still in its foil until soft. There’s nothing worse than lumpy cream cheese filling and no amount of beating will smooth out those pieces.
Cream Cheese Filling for Brownies
The cream cheese filling is really simple to make and we often make cream cheese filling ahead of time.
This is a white chocolate cream cheese filling so it’s going to take an extra step but not only is the flavor worth it, it’s incredibly simple so don’t panic.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt down baking white chocolate until smooth. We like to do 20-30 second intervals, stirring in between.
Allow the chocolate to cool completely.
Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and add in remaining ingredients except the white chocolate. Once the cream cheese is smooth and everything is incorporated, stir in the white chocolate with a spatula.
Filling Brownie Cups
It’s best to use a piping bag, though I know you might be tempted (we, especially Cade, always are!) to use a spoon but it just won’t look as pretty. If you don’t have these simple piping bags, we recommend you get some since they are a great price and you will end up using them from time to time, but if you don’t have time to shop, just use a sealable bag and snip the corner.
Tuxedo Brownie Cups
With just a hint of orange zest in the filling and a sweet little strawberry on top the whole bite comes to life in your mouth. So yum and perfect for dessert ideas for a party!
Tuxedo Brownie Cups
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Tuxedo Brownie Cups
- 1 Package Fudge Brownie Mix with a cake like recipe on the back plus ingredients to make it that way
- 2 Squares 1 oz each white chocolate for baking
- 2 Tb Milk
- 1 Pkg 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 Pint Small strawberries sliced raspberries etc are good too
- Orange zest mint or chocolate to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease mini muffin cups.
- Prepare brownie mix according to cake like directions.
- Using small scoop, fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 14 min or until edges are set. Do not overbake.
- Remove pan to cooling rack.
- Press tops of brownies with mini tart shaper to make indentations.
- Cool 15 min.
- Loosen edges and remove to cool completely.
- Microwave white chocolate and milk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Gradually stir in white chocolate until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Fill cups with cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange strawberries on top like tuxedo or just use them to garnish if you are in a hurry.
- Refrigerate 1-3 hours before serving.