It’s not fall until you’ve made apple pie bombs a la mode with creamy vanilla ice cream and glazed apples all over the tops. I love fall dessert recipes!
What Apples Are Best For Apple Pie?
The best apples for baking keep their structure, which keeps the chunks of fruit from turning into bland pockets of apple mush after spending some time in the oven.
Granny Smith apples are generally our go-to baking apple, but here are six others that bake well: Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, Mutsu, Winesap, and Pink Lady.
In one day I made more fried food than I even care to admit. It was bad. But, I hate getting a pan of oil going on the stove so when I fry recipes for the site I like to slam it all out in a couple days of testing so that I can get as money things done in one batch of oil as possible. And it’s hot out which was adding to the nasty while I stood in the kitchen and fried food. I seriously think I was sweating oil by the end of it. So technically you all owe me because these apple pie bombs a la mode that were inspired by a recipe I did for Pillsbury were to die for and now you all can enjoy them too.
But really, you guys should pin the heck out of it as a thank you. 🙂 Just kidding.
Can Apple Pie Bombs Be Left Out Overnight?
These apple pie bombs can be kept covered with plastic wrap or foil at room temperature for up to two days. After that, they can be stored in the refrigerator for two more days.
Will Apple Pie Bombs Hurt a Dog?
All of the typical ingredients in apple pie bombs are safe for dogs.
In fact, apples themselves can be a healthy treat to share with your pet.
But we won’t encourage you to give apple pie bombs to your dog.
While the apple does offer nutritional benefits, apple pie is basically apple drowning in sugar, which your dog doesn’t need.
More Easy Apple Desserts:
- Apple Cake with Caramel Frosting
- Easy Apple Dumplings with Sprite
- Apple Pie Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
- Mini Dutch Apple Cheesecakes
- Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Caramel Apple Sweet Rolls
- Apple Pie Pull-Apart Bread
- Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce
- Best Apple Crisp
- Apple Cider Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
- Apple Pie Fried Ice Cream
Apple Pie Bombs A La Mode
Apple Pie Bombs A La Mode
- 2 apples peeled and chopped in 1" pieces
- 1 can of biscuits each circle pressed out and cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- oil for frying
- cinnamon sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- Heat a dutch oven filled 1/3 full of oil over medium heat.
- Place the apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir everything together and heat again for 30 seconds or until tender.
- Using a small spoon, scoop an apple piece with a little of the sauce onto a flattened piece of biscuit.
- Pinch all of the edges up together and set aside while you repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Carefully place 3-4 apple pie bombs in the oil, turning occasionally until golden on each side.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with all dough.
- Place the cinnamon sugar in a bowl, toss each pie bomb in the sugar and pile on a large plate.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and any leftover apple pieces chopped fine.
This is an old post being shared again.
And while we are talking fall things, check out the awesomeness that we just discovered. Yes, I know we live in Lehi and everyone has loved on Cornbelly’s for ages, but we weren’t sure if it was really worth it. Well we had the opportunity to hop on a helicopter before the work day began and tour over Thanksgiving Point and Cornbelly’s and guys, it’s awesome!
It was so fun for our little one to meet the Tin Man and Dorothy and don’t worry they are totally pulling out a fun event in a couple of weeks that you’ll for sure want to be a part of. Stay tuned for more info, but in the meantime, at least mark your calendars for :
Everything is so clean and well kept and most of all fun. See the yellow? That’s an actual jumping thingy! It’s all full of air and the kids jump on it. And see off to the right, the big huge rocking chair?
Isn’t the maze amazing?! How can Brett, the founder do such an amazing job?! We cannot wait to go with the whole family and if you see us there, please say hello!!