Is Enchilada Sauce the Same As Salsa?
Enchilada sauce, is chile based and may or may not contain tomato at all.
Enchiada sauce is pureed and cooked until smooth.
Salsa is tomato based, and may or may not be cooked.
Salsa is left chunky.
Are Corn Tortillas Gluten Free?
Corn tortillas are made with corn flour wich is naturally gluten free.
If the corn tortillas have not been contaminated in the manufacturing process, they are gluten free.
Gluten free products are usually labeled “gluten free”.
What Can You Use In Place of Chicken Broth?
For 1 cup broth, substitute 1 bouillon cube or 1 teaspoon instant bouillon granules per 1 cup water.
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 10-12 oz Enchilada Sauce
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 15 oz Tomatoes, diced, Mexican Style
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 can Green Chiles, Small Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2-3 cans Chicken Broth, depending on how brothy you want it 14 oz Cans
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Pepper To taste
- 2 Cups Corn
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, Chopped
- Small Corn Tortillas
- Chili Powder
- Throw everything into a crock pot and cook on low all day or at least 6 hours. On high for 3.
- Spray each tortilla with cooking oil and sprinkle chili powder over them.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice into strips and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 min or until crisp.
- Serve soup with tortilla strips, avocado and shredded cheese.