I always feel so hesitant posting these ridiculously easy, almost brainless recipes, but they always prove to go crazy so I do it again and again. Like this easy grilled chicken for tacos, and these frozen yogurt banana dippers. The ingredient list is so small it seems like a monkey could do it, but even I had to think it up because let’s be honest, it’s often the very simple ideas we get from our friends that we use for the rest of our lives, and you all are our friends, right? So let’s make some easy grilled chicken.
You don’t have to use an outside grill, yes I hear you all that write in that you don’t have one yet, but please use a grill pan instead. A skillet works fine but a grill pan does a better job and it looks better. I’m such a sucker for good looking food. Those grill marks are my favorite. A breast of chicken in the oven just doesn’t taste as good as one with grill marks. Really, chicken should be much better than it often is because no one takes the time to season it well. This chicken has salt, pepper and McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning. I know, it’s so easy, but it’s got great flavor and whips together in no time. And in case you’ve never cooked chicken without needing to cut in to check on the middle, please follow this easy tutorial on cooking chicken. It works every time.
1. Rub your seasoning all over the chicken and place it in the fridge, wrapped in foil or saran wrap for 30 minutes. It’s like a dry rub or marinade.
2.Don’t forget to take your chicken out of the fridge and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. You will not die. It’s just letting the chicken relax and redistribute its juices before cooking otherwise you shock that cold bird and cooking isn’t even.
3. Grill on high heat to start and then turn that sucker down so it can stay juicy.
4. Let the little guy rest again before cutting with a little foil draped, not wrapped over it. Again, letting the juices redistribute.
Is Grilled Chicken Healthy?
Grilling chicken is one of the healthiest ways to prepare chicken.
There is no added fat when grilling, and the chicken cooks without sitting in its own fat.
Can Grilled Chicken Be Eaten Cold?
It is safe to eat grilled chicken that has been thoroughly cooked and then kept in the refrigerator.
How Long Will Grilled Chicken Keep in the Refrigerator?
Properly cooked and stored, grilled chicken will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
First, grilled chicken should be thoroughly cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Then it should be cooled, wrapped tightly and kept in the refrigerator.
Easy Grilled Chicken
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Easy Grilled Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless skinless
- 1-2 tablespoons McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning depending on size of breasts
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Butterfly each breast, or pound each breast flat and then cut in half, creating 4 breasts.
- In a small dish, combine the salt, pepper and seasoning.
- Rub each breast with a small amount, about 1/2 teaspoon olive oil total, and sprinkle evenly with the salt, pepper and seasoning mixture.
- Wrap the chicken in saran wrap or foil and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high heat.
- Remove the chicken and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the chicken on the grill and turn the heat to medium low, cook for 5-6 minutes, flip once and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Do not keep moving the meat or juices will escape.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes with foil draped over it and serve immediately.