These Pecan Pie Brownies are topped with an ooey gooey layer of buttery pecans! This recipe uses a brownie mix, but I promise this dessert tastes homemade!
Easy Thanksgiving Dessert for a Crowd
Pecan pie brownies are a mix of your favorites — a delicious pie and those fudgy brownies, but while it’s a super easy recipe to make it can also cause some major issues. This is one of those recipes where we prefer to bust out a shortcut with the brownies, but you must follow everything to a T or you’ll end up with gooey brownies, and not in the way you’re thinking.
It’s a real mess to be scooping brownies out of a pan using a large metal spoon instead of carefully cutting those perfect lines and going in for your favorite piece.
We have yet to post a classic pecan pie recipe, so I do apologize that isn’t on our site yet, but hear me out. I’ve never really had pecan pie. Like really at all. That means that I have to do a heck of a lot of research in order to figure it all out, and I’m willing, for sure, but Cade is a southern boy and I need him weighing in on all things so it’s taking a bit longer.
In fact, if one of you has the most amazing pecan pie recipe we would love to try it out!
Pecan pie needs one really important thing, pecans. Obviously. That was exhausting to say, but it’s true. Start out with good pecans and then make a brown sugar mixture that you’ll fold the nuts into. This is really important, so pay very close attention.
While we are waiting on that pecan pie recipe, we do feel confident in these chewy, crunchy, brown sugar lovin’ Pecan Pie Brownies.
Ingredients in Pecan Pie Brownies
Need a recipe using packaged brownie mix? These pecan brownies are just the treat you need! Here’s what goes into this chocolate Thanksgiving dessert:
- Boxed brownie mix (+ ingredients called for on the box)
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Fisher pecans
How to Make Pecan Pie Brownies
Make the brownie mix according to the package directions.
Pour brownie batter into a greased 9×13-inch pan and place it in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
While the brownies are baking, start on the pecan pie topping.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir in toasted pecans.
After 30 minutes, remove the brownies from the oven and pour the pecan pie filling over them.
Place the brownies back in the oven and bake until the filling only jiggles slightly in the middle when you move the pan.
Let cool to room temperature before cutting!
Can You Freeze Pecan Pie Brownies?
Pecan pie brownies are easy to freeze. Just make sure that everything is absolutely cool before you even attempt anything. Then, take the brownies and place them on plastic wrap in a single layer and wrap them multiple times. Store the brownies in two gallon sized Ziploc bags.
How to Store Pecan Pie Brownies
You can store pecan pie brownies on the counter for up to 4 days, covered with saran wrap, foil or with a lid. You can also extend the life a little more if you store the brownies in the fridge, also covered.
What Kind of Brownie Mix Should I Use?
Use your favorite brownie mix! You need two standard size boxes. Make sure your brownie mix is plain and doesn’t contain mix-ins.
Tips for Making These Pecan Brownies
After mixing the pecans and the brown sugar all together you’ll spread the mixture on top of the brownies, but too much of the liquid will keep the brownies soggy no matter how much you cook them, so listen, you have to mix the nuts well, but be willing to not add every last bit of liquid to the brownies.
Like really, don’t. I don’t like to waste either, but just do it.
More Chocolate Thanksgiving Desserts to Make:
- Homemade French Silk Pie
- Mom’s Famous Caramel Brownies
- S’mores Brownies
- Moist Chocolate Layer Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- No-Bake Oreo Pie
- No-Bake Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Cherry Cake
- All of our Thanksgiving recipes!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Pecan Pie Brownies
- 2 Regular Sized Brownie Mixes + all of the ingredients listed on the package to make the brownies (usually oil, eggs, and water)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Light Corn syrup
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Butter , melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Fisher Pecans , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the brownie mix according to the package directions.
- Pour brownie batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan and place it in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, start on the pecan pie topping.
- Toast the pecans over medium heat in a skillet for about 2 minutes, stirring often so no burning occurs.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla, mixing together well. Stir in pecans.
- After 30 minutes, remove the brownies from the oven and pour the pecan pie filling over them, making sure to not add all of the liquid.
- Place the brownies back in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes longer or until the filling only jiggles slightly in the middle when you move the pan.
- Let cool to room temperature before cutting or the brownies will be too gooey to eat.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.