Lemon Raspberry Bars
I love all things berry and all things lemon. When I found this recipe for Lemon Raspberry Bars in our little cookbook from one of our first cooking classes I knew I HAD to make it. It’s so incredibly similar to our Key Lime Bars-Torta De Limão. It’s become a favorite of mine and I have one more reason in addition to the two above that I love it. It’s the graham cracker crust. Do you love graham cracker crusts? I literally cannot get enough of the crust!
Ok, so this is kind of a cheater lemon bar recipe as we aren’t cooking up lemon curd or anything, but really it’s the version of lemon bars we prefer. You just need sweetened condensed milk, lemon and eggs. That’s it.
When you bite into these bars it’s all creamy, thick and rich, then you hit the berries and they add a bright, fresh pop in your mouth. Continuing on you finally hit the crust and, oh. my. sweet. deliciousness. It’s all thick and buttery. Gosh, it’s so good. Have I convinced you to try them yet? Get on it!
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
Did you know that a graham cracker crust can actually be baked or there is a no bake graham cracker crust as well. So how do you make a graham cracker crust? Start out with the best graham crackers. Some will prefer Keebler while others may reach for Nabisco. We’ve found that a generic brand often isn’t as good as some of the others so definitely take your time and snack on a few crackers to decide which one you prefer.
Melted butter is number two and we go for unsalted so that we can choose to add salt if we want to. Then just add sugar, stir to combine until it’s like wet sand and you’re all set!
Now you can bake the crust for a few minutes or you can set it in the fridge to cool completely and you’re good to go! Obviously a baked crust does hold up a little better to a pie filling but both are great. You can even use the recipe to make a wafer or oreo crust too!
Lemon Raspberry Bars
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 12 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2-14 oz. can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13" inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are moist.
- Press crumbs into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the egg yolks and condensed milk until well mixed. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until mixture begins to slightly thicken. Gently fold in the raspberries with a spatula. Fold carefully so you don't break the raspberries.
- Pour the lemon raspberry filling evenly over the graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Cut into bars and serve.
These peaches n cream crumble bars are the best dessert I’ve ever had with peaches. That creamy filling and brown sugar oat topping!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.