Hey everyone, this is Sarah again–you know the one girl who is taking over Oh Sweet Basil with all of her adoption stuff! I am not gone yet! And you are going to be glad that I am not, because I get to share with you our favorite banana bread recipe.
This isn’t any normal banana bread this is Banana Crumb Bread — same wonderful flavors of banana bread with sugar on top…literally. Which just makes it all the better. It is our favorite bread to share with family, friends, and neighbors because there is nothing better than receiving a warm loaf of banana bread, except receiving a warm loaf of banana bread that has a sweet crumb topping.
This recipe is quick and easy but has a wonderful depth of flavor with the added cinnamon and vanilla in the bread and the brown sugar and cinnamon crumb topping. It works perfectly to make into one big loaf or 2-3 small loaves. The end product comes out nice and dense.
I do have one problem if I don’t give the banana bread away…I eat it all. But banana bread is healthy, right? It has bananas in it.
How Long Will Banana Bread Keep?
Freshly baked banana bread will last for about 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature. Banana bread should be wrapped tightly to maintain freshness.
Can Banana Bread Be Frozen?
Banana bread freezes very well, as does all quick breads. Wrap tightly in plastic, foil, or place in heavy duty freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
Are Bananas Good For You?
Bananas are high in potassium and contain good levels of protein and dietary fiber. Potassium helps muscles to contract and nerve cells to respond. It keeps the heart beating regularly and can reduce the effect of sodium on blood pressure.
All our BANANA BREAD RECIPES:
- Super Moist Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Biscoff Banana Bread
- Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- S’mores Banana Bread
- Snickerdoodle Banana Bread
- Oreo Biscoff Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
Banana Crumb Bread
Banana Crumb Bread
- 2 bananas mashed about 1 cup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the bananas, eggs, sugar, applesauce and oil. In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients then add to the wet ingredients and mix again.
- Pour in greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mix the crumb mixture together and sprinkle the crumb mixture on top.
- Bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes or until done.
- You may tent the top with foil if it's browning too much while baking.
To follow along our journey: Blog— email: [email protected]