Chili con Queso dip is cheesy & full of chili & Mexican spices making it totally irresistible. It’s our daughter’s absolutely favorite thing. Here, let me have her pop in and say hi…
“Hey guys, it’s Peyton! There’s this queso dip that I am literally obsessed with! We have been making it for years and I always ask my mom if we can make it on the weekends. It’s such an easy recipe that anyone can make, and once you try it you will be addicted to it just like me!”
What Ingredients are Needed for Queso Dip?
- Velveeta Cheese – I know there will be some haters out there, but trust me on this one. It melts perfectly and makes the best dips.
- Chili – I buy the no bean variety, but you could buy it with beans if you want more texture.
- Whole Milk – Don’t go with a nut milk or skim, the flavor and texture won’t be right.
- Lime Juice – The acidity cuts through the richness and adds a needed pop.
- Chili Powder – Flavor
- Smoked Paprika – Flavor
- Cumin – Flavor
- Cayenne Pepper – Increase or decrease for your preferred level of heat.
- Tortilla Chips – Use whatever your favorite brand is. Pita chips work well too.
How to Make Chili’s Queso Dip
There is literally one step for making this recipe….dump all the ingredients into a slow cooker, stir it all together and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
Tips for Making Queso Dip
Here are a few tips for making this dip:
- Cut the Velveeta into about 1 inch cubes before adding it to the slow cooker. It helps it melt easier and more evenly.
- Usually you can get about 1-1.5 tablespoons of lime juice from a single lime so you’ll need about 2 limes for this.
- Try dipping veggies into this dip too. So yum!
- We use a mini slow cooker for our dips. It’s the perfect size for warm dips, and you can keep it plugged in on warm while you are eating it.
What is Queso Dip?
Queso is a cheese-based dip eaten with tortilla chips.
How Long Will Queso Dip Keep?
Queso will keep for up to a week covered in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Queso?
Queso can be frozen for up to 3-6 months.
How to Reheat Queso
Queso can be reheated on the stove top, in the microwave or in the slow cooker.
It is easy enough that kids can make it, and it’s delicious enough that every single person I know can’t resist it! Who is going to get “literally obsessed” with this copycat Chili’s queso dip? Peyton wants to know if there is anyone out there who loves it more than she does!
More DELICIOUS DIPS You Can’t Resist:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy Herb Veggie Dip
- Chorizo Dip Queso Fundido
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- Cheesy Slow Cooker Sausage Dip
- Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- All our DIP RECIPES!!
Chili’s Queso Dip
- 16 oz. Velveeta Cheese, cut in cubes
- 15 oz. Chili, no bean *see notes
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice, about 2 limes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker for 2-3 hours on low.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.