This Bacon Ranch Corn Dip is out of this world addicting! Just wait until you bring it to the next BBQ or party and everyone’s begging for the recipe!
Cheesy Corn Dip Recipe
A long time ago, years in fact, I had a really delicious corn dip at a bbq and it became quite embarrassing how much of it I ate. I couldn’t stop. Every bite only made me want more and more and all I could think was, I HAVE to have the recipe. Well, not everyone is into sharing their recipes, in fact some flat out refuse. It was a sad moment. And I totally forgot about it until now. Because bacon ranch corn dip is totally happening and it’s full of cheesy deliciousness.
So let’s break it down, this cold corn dip involves ranch, bacon, and corn. In other words, it’s three safe foods for picky eaters. Is it just me or have you all noticed that even kids and adults who refuse to eat anything seem to be okay with these three foods?
Bacon is obvious, corn is so sweet and good — and even better if you grill it, but that’s not necessary— and ranch. I don’t know why ranch is a picky eater pleaser, but it does work!
Actually, I was one of those picky kids and ranch is what finally sold me on salad. It took years and years, but once I tried a piece of lettuce with a crouton and dipped it in ranch I was forever in love. And homemade is best in case you were wondering. Now, take those three ingredients and add peppers and cheese and you’re golden!
Dip away, my friends! You’ll be the new star of every bbq!!
What’s Needed for Bacon Ranch Corn Dip?
To make this corn and bacon ranch dip, you’ll need the following:
- Ranch dressing
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese (we used cheddar and pepperjack)
- Bell peppers
- Diced green chiles
- Green onions
- Cooked bacon
How to Make Corn Dip with Bacon
This cheesy corn dip couldn’t be easier to make! Here are the basic steps to making this summer dip:
- Sauté the bell peppers until softened.
- Once the peppers have cooled down, mix together with the corn, ranch, sour cream, cheeses, and chiles.
- Garnish the cold corn dip with green onions and crumbled bacon.
How Long Does Corn Dip Last?
It will keep about a week in the refrigerator, although it seldom lasts that long at our house.
Can I Prep Corn Dip in Advance?
Yes, although if you’ll be serving this to guests I recommend eating it within the first 24 hours of making it. Also, it’s best if you wait to garnish the cheesy corn dip until just before serving it.
Tips for Making Cold Corn Dip
You’re welcome to use frozen corn or grilled corn that’s been cut off the cob in this recipe. If using frozen corn, let it thaw to room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients.
If you can’t find ranch dressing where you live, you can easily make your own. We have a Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe that we love!
For a spicier corn dip, use hot green chiles rather than mild.
More SUMMER DIPS You Can’t Resist:
- Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Strawberry Fluff Fruit Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy Herb Veggie Dip
- Chorizo Dip Queso Fundido
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip
- The BEST 7 Layer Dip
- Cheesy Slow Cooker Sausage Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- All our DIP RECIPES!!
Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
- 3 Cups Frozen Corn (or grilled and cut off the cob)
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing , we prefer to make our own from the packet or from scratch
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (or ranch for extra ranch flavor)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Pepperjack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Bell Peppers , chopped (I use red and orange)
- 1 small can diced green chiles , drained
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Green Onions , for garnish
- 4 Slices Bacon , cooked and chopped
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat and add a small drizzle of olive oil. Add the peppers and sauté until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn, ranch, sour cream, cheeses, sautéed peppers, and chiles.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (it will take a few pinches of salt with all of that corn and the dressing).
- Top with green onions and bacon.