This Thanksgiving we are taking things easy. I want to relax with our loved ones and not be so concerned with the food. I was looking for a simple vegetable for a side dish, but everything involved so much chopping, mashing, etc that it just wasn’t coming together. Until I found this recipe in the, “Dadgum that’s Good!” cookbook by, John McLemore. That man is a Southern foods genius and I’m always happy to try any of his recipes. This one is one of our new favorites. The cilantro butter corn is sweet and perfect, just as it should be, and the butter! Oh, the butter! Do not be afraid of the jalapeno. Good mercy, that butter makes the corn completely worthwhile, and you can make the butter days or even a whole week ahead and then just steam the corn last minute while the guests are arriving. Easy peasy, and delicious!
I’m not going to drone on and on about all of my thoughts, happenings, etc because let’s face it, Thanksgiving is almost here and I have a TON to do to get ready. However, I will say that this is not only one of our favorite ways to eat corn now,but it always sparked a ton of creativity for future posts. I love it when recipe makes me think about 10 more options I can make.
What’s your favorite way to eat corn and what easy side dish are you planning to make for Thanksgiving?
What Is Cilantro?
Cilantro is a herb that is related to parsley.
All parts of the plant are edible, but the fresh leaves and the dried seeds are the parts most traditionally used in cooking.
What Does Cilantro Taste Like?
Cilantro has a fresh citrus-like flavor.
However, supposedly there’s a genetic trait that makes cilantro taste like soap to some people.
Is Cilantro Healthy?
The nutrients in cilantro may offer a range of health benefits.
Cilantro is a good source of antioxidants.
More CORN RECIPES You Are Sure to Love:
- Simple Grilled Corn Recipe
- Elote Mexican Corn Pasta Salad
- Jalapeno Bacon Elote Mexican Grilled Corn Salad
- Slow Cooker Potato Broccoli Corn Chowder with Bacon
- Cheesy Zucchini Corn Casserole
- Elote Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
- Grilled Corn Avocado Tomato Salad
- Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
- Ham and Potato Corn Chowder
- Traditional Mexican Street Corn
- Fiesta Corn
- Ham Sandwich and Corn Chowder
- Best Creamed Corn
- How to Freeze Corn
- Grilled Corn Salad with Black Beans and Rice
- Cheesy Jiffy Cornbread Casserole
- All our SIDE DISHES here!
Cilantro Butter Corn
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Cilantro Butter Corn
- 4 Ears Sweet Corn
- 1 Cup Butter or 2 sticks,softened
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro chopped (fresh)
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and minced
- *Sea salt to taste
- Mix the butter, cilantro, garlic, cayenne, and jalapeno until smooth.
- Place the butter in plastic wrap and tightly roll into a log to rest in the fridge.
- Cook the corn in a smoker, on a grill or a pot of boiling water.
- Take the butter out of the fridge and roll the corn in it.