Is Grilled Cheese Fattening?
Grilled cheese sandwiches tend to be high in calories and fat.
There are ways to make lower fat and calorie grilled cheese.
Choose bread with lower calories, and use a cheese that is lower in fat.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Tomatoes?
Tomatoes have been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
Tomatoes are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
Is Wheat Bread Better Than White Bread?
White bread is made from flour that has had the bran and germ removed from the grain.
Bran and germ contain important fiber and vitamins.
Oprah’s Favorite Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of good quality wheat bread
- 2 Slices Havarti Cheese
- 2-4 Slices Vine Ripe Tomato
- Fresh Basil
- Spread a thin layer of honey on each slice of bread.
- Top with cheese, tomato, basil (2-3 leaves) and another slice of cheese.
- You can butter the bread, or we just use a little olive oil or nothing at all.
- Grill in a pan over medium heat until golden on each side.
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 395 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 57.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 32.1g Fiber: 3.3g Sugar: 5.7g Protein: 20.4g