Oh sweet little piece of deliciousness. This sandwich has become one of our absolute favorites. Oprah’s Favorite Grilled Cheese with havarti, tomato, basil, honey and whole wheat bread. We eat it at least once a week. 🙂 Oprah’s favorite grilled cheese is our favorite too.
Everyone we’ve ever made these for has been so hesitant about the ingredients list, whole wheat bread, havarti cheese, fresh basil, garden tomatoes, and honey. Yes, honey. And trust me it’s exactly what the sandwich needs. It’s like a little twist on the classic caprese flavors.
You guys are going to devour this. The honey makes this sandwich. There is such wonderful flavor with the sweet honey, the creaminess of the cheese and then the basil cuts through and oh my gosh!!!!
Try this out and let me know how much you love it!
Oprah’s Favorite Grilled Cheese
Oprah's Favorite Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of good quality wheat bread
- 2 Slices Havarti Cheese
- 2-4 Slices Vine Ripe Tomato
- Fresh Basil
- Spread a thin layer of honey on each slice of bread.
- Top with cheese, tomato, basil (2-3 leaves) and another slice of cheese.
- You can butter the bread, or we just use a little olive oil or nothing at all.
- Grill in a pan over medium heat until golden on each side.
Yield: 1 sandwich, Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 395 Calories
- Total Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 57.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 32.1g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Protein: 20.4g
All images and text ©
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.