Looking for a quick and easy dinner idea? This Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe calls for just 6 simple ingredients and is ready in about 30 minutes!
This is a sponsored post with Knorr. As always, all opinions are our own.
Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
This is one of the most exciting partnerships we’ve signed on for. Like, we are completely giddy about working with Knorr this year, and while the recipe is going to be a huge hit, there’s more to it than just the food.
Years ago, Cade was unemployed and we were feeling pretty low about ourselves and a little frustrated about the lack of jobs available. You may have read our raw, tender, and totally true story about the peanut butter on our Oh Sweet Basil Instagram (make sure you click to read the story) but there’s more to it.
Cade told me, hey, let’s see if this blog we’ve got going could really turn into something, so I entered a contest. It was a long shot, but if I made it, they would fly me to California to make the recipe I had created for real chefs who would choose a winner to be an ambassador for the brand — you guessed it — Knorr.
I made panko crusted chicken with a lemon cream sauce, and as I’m sure you can gather, I won!!! It was not only amazing, but it was life changing. It was our first brand collaboration. Knorr was a great fit and most importantly it literally saved our family and provided the income we needed to buy groceries.
Now, I know that was a long story but that’s why we were beyond thrilled to have received an offer to work together again. I mean, that was 6 years ago and now here we are!!
Our Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole recipe gets millions of views. We knew our first recipe should be a nod to our tender story and one of our first viral recipes. That how we created the recipe for cheesy chicken and rice casserole with Knorr Selects, a product known for being free of artificial preservatives. It’s now available nationwide at all grocery stores (finally, an easy-to-find product!!).
We can’t wait to show you what else we are cooking up with Knorr Selects, so make sure you check back next month and please excuse us while we sit down and tell our kids the amazing story of a struggle turned success story. We want them to watch for their own glimmer of hope when they are feeling down in the future and know that positive thinking with action will always create opportunities.
What’s Needed for Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole?
To make this chicken, cheese, and rice casserole, you’ll need the following:
- Knorr Selects Four Cheese Risotto
- Chicken breasts
- Poultry seasoning
- Frozen peas and carrots blend
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese
How to Make Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
You just season your chicken with poultry seasoning, cook it in a pan for only a few minutes to brown it on each side, then if you’re really smart you’ll let the kids do the rest.
Cooking with kids actually helps them be less picky as they are more invested in and more acquainted with the food. So let them pour the rice in a greased pan, add the water and milk per the package instructions, add the chicken, and add any veggies you choose though we prefer carrots, peas and broccoli. The more they touch it and get used to it the more likely they are to eat it!
Then, stir everything together, top with cheese, and bake until gooey.
read more: Looking for easy casserole recipes? Try our Baked Pork Chops with Rice next!
Can I Prep This Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake in Advance?
Yes, the entire casserole can be made in advance and reheated when you’re ready to serve it. I recommend waiting to sprinkle the cheese on top of the casserole until you’re ready to reheat and serve, this way the melted cheese is “fresh” and doesn’t brown too much.
What to Serve with Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
This chicken cheese casserole pairs well with so many sides! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Our BEST Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Root Vegetable Side Dish
- Fruit Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Simple Garlic Roasted Veggies
- Easy Green Beans with Bacon
- Lemon Roasted Broccoli
Tips for Making Easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Note that this chicken cheese casserole can be made with any of the new Knorr Selects flavors.
- Also, the risotto will have you use 1 cup milk and 1 1/2 cups of water so please have that on hand.
- This casserole is baked without foil on top. If you cover it with foil, you may wind up with a watery casserole (since the trapped moisture won’t be able to escape).
More Chicken Casserole Ideas:
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Poppyseed Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
- Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- Ranch, Chicken, and Potato Casserole
- Broccoli, Chicken, and Rice Casserole
- Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Alfredo Chicken and Rice Casserole
- All our EASY CASSEROLE RECIPES here!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 Packet Knorr Selects Four Cheese Risotto (plus milk and water called for on the package)
- 2 Small Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts , cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas and Carrots Mix
- 1 1/2-2 Cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Toss the chicken in the seasoning.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the chicken and cook until lightly golden or brown on each side, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Pour the Knorr Selects Four Cheese Risotto into the baking dish and add the water and milk, as the package directs.
- Add the chicken and veggies and stir to combine.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is set, rice and chicken is cooked and it appears golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place back in the oven until gooey, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- The risotto will have you use 1 cup milk and 1 1/2 cups of water so please have that on hand.