ImThis post is sponsored by Kroger and Président® Brie. All opinions expressed in this post are
my own and not those of The Kroger Co.
Indulge in this elegant baked brie topped with a bold raspberry bacon onion jam this holiday season! Move over expensive cheese platter, there’s a new favorite appetizer in town!
I’ve never been a big brie eater. Every holiday season someone gets all excited because brie is coming to the party and I’ve always been more about the desserts and dips.
Because apparently I know nothing and holy moly I’ve been missing out.
My goodness, that toasty sourdough bread brushed with a garlic herb butter is beautiful on it’s own, but then I reached my hand out, snagged a crusty-on-the-outside-but-perfectly-tender-inside chunk of the bread bowl. The most luscious cheese came oozing out like the train of a royal queen slowly, mindfully walking down the steps with photographers crowding to get the perfect shot.
I’m sold for life.
And kind of wish I would have named my first child Brie. It’s a cute name but the decadence, my goodness.
And the most important part, it’s a snap to throw together, but the flavor, I can’t even go there! It. Is. Unreal.
Brie is a soft cheese made from cow’s milk. It is named after the region of France from which it originates, Brie. It is very pale in color and encased in a rind that is white. The rind is usually eaten and the flavor depends heavily on where it was manufactured.
When we buy brie, we always buy Président Brie. It has the best flavor and it’s no wonder it is the #1 brand of Brie in France and the United States and winner of the silver medal for the Wisconsin Cheese Maker’s Association in 2019! It is made in the French tradition from 100% cow’s milk and is pure perfection!
One of my favorite things about Président brie is how versatile it is. You can enjoy it in various recipes paired with sweet or savory accompaniments. For this recipe, we pair it with both a sweet and savory bacon jam! Make sure to find it at your local Kroger store on your next grocery run.
What Ingredients are Needed for Bacon Jam Baked Brie?
Gather all these ingredients to make the best pull apart baked brie of your life! The bacon onion jam is glorious, and then the garlic herb butter brushed all over the bread makes it irresistible! Don’t forget the Président Brie wheel too! The best brie out there! It is creamy in texture and mild in taste, everything brie should be!
- Président Brie Wheel – 8oz
- Caramelized Onion Jam (see section below for making your own if you can’t find it at the store)
- Maple Syrup
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sourdough Bread Bowl
- Olive Oil
The recipe card below contains all the measurements for the ingredients.
How to Make Onion Jam
You will want to look for onion jam by the cheese section at your grocery store. If you can’t find it there, you can always make your own. Here is what you will need:
- 1/2 diced white onion
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
Add all the ingredients to a pan and cook on low for 20 minutes. Stir it occasionally, then you can use it in this recipe as directed in the instructions.
How to Make Baked Brie
This baked brie is going to be the hit of your next get together and staple at all your future gatherings. You are going to love how easily it comes together! Here are the basic steps. Head down to the recipe card for all the details.
- Preheat the oven.
- Add all the topping ingredients to a skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the liquid has evaporated.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the butter, oil and garlic until the garlic is fragrant and then add the herbs.
- Prepare the bread bowl so that the brie will fit inside it. The 8oz Président Brie wheel is small and round and perfect to bake in a warm appetizer.
- Cut wedges in the bread around the outside to create the pull apart pieces.
- Slice the extra bread pieces and drizzle oil and salt.
- Brush the inside and outside of the bread bowl with the garlic herb butter. Save some butter for the end.
- Unwrap the brie, remove the rind from the top and place it in the bread hole.
- Cover with the bacon jam.
- Place it on a cookie sheet and bake.
- Add the extra bread chunks to the cookie sheet and bake some more.
- Remove the bread bowl from the oven and brush the outside with the rest of the butter.
- Top with a little honey drizzle and chopped fresh herbs.
- Pull apart the bread to eat while still warm!
How Long Does Brie Stay Gooey?
Brie will stay gooey when left at room temperature for about 15 minutes and then it will be spreadable by a knife for about another 15 minutes. If it starts to get a little too stiff, just reheat it for a few minutes in the oven (see section below).
How Do You Reheat Pull Apart Bread?
To reheat, wrap in foil and place in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
Do You Remove the Rind?
For this recipe, we remove the rind from the top of the brie wheel but leave the rind on the sides. The flavor of the rind is quite delicious.
How Long Will Pull Apart Bread Keep?
Cheesy pull apart bread can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
What to Eat with Baked Brie
The sourdough bread bowl itself is usually enough to eat all the gooey brie, but if you find yourself needing more dippables, slices of a baguette works great, pita chips are also good, or baby carrots. You might even catch me taking a spoon to that cheese and eating it plain. Shhhhh…don’t tell!
I am alllll about an appetizer that looks fancy and like you worked on it for hours but is quick and simple to make especially around the holiday season! This pull apart baked brie made with Président brie and topped with raspberry bacon onion jam is sure to be the talk of your holiday party!
More Cheesy Appetizers You Must Try:
- Best Cheese Ball Ever
- Slow Cooker Sausage Dip
- Cheesy Black Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chorizo Dip Queso Fundido
- BBQ Bacon Cheese Ball
- Jarlsberg Cheese Dip
- Bacon Ranch Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Cheesy Lasagna Dip
- All our APPETIZER recipes here!
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
The Most Incredible Pull Apart Baked Brie
- 6 Slices Bacon cooked and chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 7 oz. Caramelized onion jam or, *see note
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
For The Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Bread Bowl
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley fresh chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme fresh
- 1 Wheel Brie Président, unwrapped and the top sliced off.
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Heat the oven to 375
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the onion jam, bacon, raspberries, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the butter, oil, and garlic. Heat, stirring occasionally until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the herbs and set aside.
- Slice the top off of the bread and place the brie on top of the bread bowl. Using a knife, follow the size of the brie to cut out a circle. Remove the bread from the bowl.
- Cut wedges all along the bread bowl edges but do not cut through the bottom.
- Tear all remaining bread pieces and drizzle with a little oil and salt, toss to coat and set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the herb butter all over the inside of the bread bowl, reserve remaining for the end.
- Put the cheese into the bread hole, use a sharp knife to remove the rind from the top of the brie and then cover with the bacon jam. Set on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Throw the bread hunks on the cookie sheet and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Remove from the oven and brush the sides of the bread with remaining butter mixture.
- Drizzle with honey and any herbs as garnish if desired. Serve and instruct guests to pull apart to eat!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.