Snickers Ice Cream Cake is made by layering ice cream sandwiches with whipped cream, caramel, hot fudge, snickers and salted peanuts. Best Summer Dessert!
Any Junk Food Addicts Out There?
My friend says that she likes the real crap junk food. We aren’t talking garlic pomme frites, though she’s down for those too. No, it’s more like the entire candy aisle, pop tarts, ice cream and chips.
I LOVE that about her. She’s the classiest soul I’ve ever known, and the trashiest eater at times. Perfect friend for me. This snickers ice cream cake is the perfect trashy dessert. Full of all the things that aren’t good for you, but taste wonderful.
I’ve actually never had an ice cream sandwich cake, but another friend and his wife were on vacation with us months ago and we were talking about how he’s not really into dessert other than snickers ice cream bars or shakes.
I know, we almost stopped being friends immediately.
But then I realized I could totally make an ultimate ice cream cake for him.
And I did. 😍
Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake
I was in 4th grade and I got invited to a birthday party at Dairy Queen. I had been to Dairy Queen a few times with my dad on special Daddy Daughter Dates, (which ps, can we bring back Dairy Queen, please?!) but this was with all of my friends.
The excitement to order my classic chicken strips with that buttered toast on the side was unreal. Mmmmmm, my favorite thing at DQ.
What I wasn’t expecting was my first experience with a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake. It was glorious!! I still need to create a copycat recipe.
What’s Ingredients for Ice Cream Cake?
This is the easiest summer dessert recipe ever!
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Roasted Salted Peanuts
- Mini Snickers Bars
How to Make a Snickers Ice Cream Cake
Making an ice cream cake recipe takes a few hours as you need to allow for freezing time. I always make mine the morning of or night before so that I’m never rushed.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9×13″ pan. I always have to trim one sandwich a little to get it to fit.
- Cover with 3/4 hot fudge sauce. Set in the freezer until hard, about 15 minutes.
- Spread whipped cream (or cool whip if you don’t have time) all over the hot fudge and place back in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with snickers bars and top with more ice cream sandwiches.
- Pour 3/4 caramel sauce over everything and top with whipped cream. Place in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional snickers, the remaining caramel and hot fudge sauce and roasted peanuts.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
Which Peanuts Should I Buy?
First of all, don’t you dare skip the peanuts. I usually am not one to throw nuts into desserts, but this cake needs that touch of salt.
You can buy roasted salted peanuts, or honey roasted peanuts. Both are a great option.
Hot Fudge Sauce and Caramel Sauce
How Long Will Ice Cream Cake Last in the Freezer?
Ice cream cake will keep in the freezer for about 7 days, properly wrapped in plastic wrap and foil.
After about a week, ice crystals will begin to form and the flavor will not be as good.
Can Ice Cream Cake Be Kept In The Refrigerator?
Ice cream cake can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before it begins to melt.
Is Heavy Cream the Same as Whipping Cream?
Heavy cream and heavy whipping cream are the same thing. They have a slightly different fat content but you can use them interchangeably.
Why Sweeten Whipping Cream With Powdered Sugar Instead Of Granulated Sugar?
You can use granulated sugar to sweeten whipping cream, but the whipped cream tends to be a little grainy and separates more easily when sweetened with granulated sugar.
Powdered sugar contains corn starch which helps to stabilize the whipped cream and make it creamier.
Does Ice Cream Cake Have Cake in it?
A few people have been concerned with this ice cream cake doesn’t have cake in it. Some ice cream cakes have actual cake but this one is an ice cream sandwich cake so it isn’t necessary.
Ice Cream Desserts
- Oreo Ice Cream Frozen Custard
- Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Apple Pie Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Icebox Pie
- Deep Fried Peaches and Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake
- Pineapple Sundaes
- Reese’s Sundae
- Ice Cream Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Lemon Curd Frozen Custard
- More Ice Cream Recipes
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Snickers Ice Cream Cake
- Using a 9x13" pan line 12 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom.
- Microwave the hot fudge and caramel for 15-20 seconds, stir well to ensure it’s pourable
- Pour 1/2-3/4 of the hot fudge over the ice cream sandwiches and spread evenly, place in the freezer to harden for about 15-30 minutes.
- Using a handheld mixer, whip the whipping cream until thick and then add the powdered sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Divide the whipped cream in half, and spread one half of the whipped cream over the hot fudge layer, place in freezer to harden again.
- Chop 12 snickers bars into bite sized pieces. Chop the remaining 6 bars into bite sized pieces and set aside to garnish the cake.
- Evenly spread the chopped snickers bars over the whipped cream.
- Layer the other 12 ice cream sandwiches on top of the snickers bars.
- Cover with 3/4 of the caramel sauce
- Evenly spread the other half of the whipped cream over top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining snickers bars.
- Microwave the caramel and hot fudge again for 15-20 seconds to make them pourable, stir. Drizzle both all over everything.
- Top with salted peanuts!
- Freeze for 3-6 hours before serving!