It’s the most magical time of year, Holiday Food time!! I mean, yes the holidays matter too, but just look at this creamy Gingerbread Cookie Dip!
Are we still into dips? I love them and can’t help but try a little bit even if I’m totally stuffed full, buttons bursting. That dessert dip comes rolling out and suddenly I absolutely have room for a scoop of Gingerbread Cookie Dip. Or Molasses Cookie Dip. Whichever you prefer.
We have a few dip recipes on our site, I’ll break them all down at the very bottom of the post, but in the meantime, get your buns to the store and buy some gingerbread cookies because this Gingerbread Cookie Dip is going down, “I’m yellin’ timber…”
Ok, we are over that song, it’s old, I know.
I still think I’m hilarious.
I love this time of year. It’s something we all say, but I wonder how much we really take the time to think about it. Everyone is bustling around to find the perfect gift for someone else.
Then there’s the food. You’re thinking about your guests and family members and shopping according to what they all will love to eat.
As you think about it, maybe the magic isn’t at all in the decorating, the gifts or the food. Maybe the reason we all feeling that stirring of magic is because our hearts are where they are supposed to be; hearts centered upon others and their needs.
The Four Gifts of Christmas
We’ve tried really, really hard since we first began our family to create meaningful traditions not just to strengthen our family, but also to help our kids to recognize that true magic. The kind of magic that comes from taking a step back from, “I want!!!” to, how can I give?
- Something You Need- Our gift giving always starts with something that the person needs. This could be clothes, something that needs replacing etc. Why do we have one of our gifts be a need? Well, in a way it helps us to not overbuy, but more importantly, we’ve found that it teaches our children to start watching for the needs of another and try to fulfill them.
- Something You Want- There’s nothing wrong with wanting something. I want hot, salty french fries tonight and I don’t at all feel bad about that. It’s ok to give your loved ones something they want and in fact it’s fun so we always include that!
- Something to Read or Make- I’m a big fan of books and creative outlets. I focus pretty heavily on something to read, especially because we try to read with our kids every night. It’s important time together as a family. But I’m also learning that giving them something creative gives us opportunities to make something together or for them to learn to accomplish and find joy in creating.
- Something to Help You- This is a tricky one, but it’s important. It can be a journal to write things down, a set of scriptures if you’re religious, or a lesson in something.
Our Favorite Christmas Tradition
We have so many favorite Christmas traditions. Many that involve giving to others as that’s really what the season is all about. Gathering in quiet moments to slow down and spend time together is important as well.
Our Favorite Christmas Books post goes over one of our favorite Christmas traditions in our home and all of the books you’ll need to get started.
What Are Your Favorite Christmas Traditions?
We are always, always looking to add more traditions and ideas to our holiday season. We would love to start a conversation in the comments about what you grew up loving with your friends and family and what you’re doing now with your own family.
Are you all about going on vacation and skipping the holidays completely? Do you pack in as much as possible or stay home and take the easy route?
Whatever it is you enjoy doing, leave us a comment and let’s hear what people all over the world enjoy!
Gingerbread Cookie Dip
As always, I’ve become distracted.
This gingerbread cookie dip is perfect for Holiday parties or when you just need to step away from life and be with a few people you love. And it junk. It’s really not too much to ask, is it?
Gingerbread cookie dip has a short and sweet list of ingredients:
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Brown Sugar
Everything gets all beat together and you die and go to heaven within the first bite.
Sounds morbid, but you get me.
What to Serve with Gingerbread Cookie Dip
Ok, it’s technically cookies so what do you serve with a cookie dip?
Here are just a few ideas of things you could serve with this cookie dip:
- Graham Crackers
- Apple Slices
- Pretzels- especially if they are those thin pretzels so it holds more. 🙂
Dessert Dip RECIPES
Looking for more Dessert Dip recipes? A good dessert dip is essential for entertaining, so try our, Luscious Brownie Batter Dip, Banana Cream Pie Dip, Brown Sugar Apple Dip, No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip No Bake Cheesecake Dip with Raspberry Sauce, Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 686 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 60mg Sodium: 463mg Carbohydrates: 85g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 48g Protein: 8g