Banana cream pie dip is a delicious dip for a crowd! With just 5 easy ingredients, this dessert dip is super easy and tastes just like you’re eating banana cream pie.
Cook and Serve or Instant Pudding for Banana Cream Pie
The base of this banana cream pie dip is banana cream pudding. Make sure to use the instant pudding in the baking aisle. You can find the instant pudding right next to the jello-o in the baking aisle. Once you have your pudding you’ll mix it with 2 cups of milk. I like to use whole milk for this but you can use any milk you want. The only milk you should avoid is soy milk because it won’t mix well and get nice and thick.
How to Thicken Pudding
Pro tip: make sure the milk you’re using to mix with the pudding is extra cold. It helps the pudding get thick and creamy really fast.
What to dip in this banana cream pie dip:
I’m a huge lover of vanilla wafers or graham crackers with traditional banana cream pie so those are definitely the best options to dunk and dip into this banana cream pie dip!
You could grab a box or two of graham crackers or vanilla wafers (or even Teddy Grahams) and pair them with a fruit like strawberries or apples!
Lumpy Cream Cheese
When you’re making this recipe just be sure to follow the directions by mixing the pudding and beating the cream cheese separately! You’ll want to make sure the cream cheese is smooth and creamy before you incorporate it with the pudding or it will be lumpy.
Stirring Vs Folding Whipped Cream
Once you have the pudding and cream cheese together, fold in the whipped cream. Don’t beat the whipped cream or it will lose it’s fluffy consistency! This is what makes the banana cream pie dip smooth and light and fluffy!
Banana Cream Pie Dip
Banana Cream Pie Dip
- 1 3.4- ounce instant banana pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk any kind of milk but soy
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping
- Vanilla wafers teddy grahams, graham crackers and/or fruit for serving
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together the vanilla pudding mix and cold milk for 3-4 minutes or until thick and smooth. Set aside
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese to the pudding and beat for another 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with vanilla wafers, teddy grahams, graham crackers or fruit.
This banana cake recipe will be your new favorite! It’s made with no refined sugar, or butter but has so much sweet banana flavor. It comes together so easily and is topped with a healthy and vegan whipped cream frosting. No one will believe how good for you it it!
Everyone loves cheesecake but most don’t feel comfortable making it at home. Try this no bake banana pudding cheesecake and have it ready in half the time!