This Pumpkin Dip is one everyone can enjoy with their favorite cookie, pretzel, or fruit! Plus, it’s no-bake so it’s easy!
Easy Pumpkin Dip Recipe
Hi friends! It’s Amber, from Dessert Now, Dinner Later! I’m back to share another great recipe with you all! Things need to slow down because I am enjoying fall and I know winter will be here in Utah sooner than I like to admit! Today’s recipe is fall and pumpkin inspired. I’m not ready to give up the pumpkin recipes yet! They’re good through Thanksgiving anyways, right?! Good!
This pumpkin recipe, is much less traditional in my mind because I am always BAKING with pumpkin, but this Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip is a no-bake delightful treat!
Pumpkin Dip Ingredients
This pumpkin pie dip is embarrassingly easy to make, and guests always go crazy for it! Here’s what you’ll need to make this pumpkin dip:
- Neufchatel cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Cool Whip
Seriously, that’s all you need! Keep reading for my recommendations on what to serve with this creamy dessert dip.
How to Make Pumpkin Dip
This is a great dessert or appetizer to make for Thanksgiving, Halloween, or any other fall gathering. This easy pumpkin dip takes less than 10 minutes to make, and you can whisk it together by hand if you don’t have an electric mixer. Here’s how you make pumpkin dip:
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and spices.
- Beat in the Cool Whip until blended.
How to Store Pumpkin Dip
Pumpkin dip is so good, but it tends to separate the longer it sits in the fridge. To prevent your dessert dip from separating, store it in a zip-top bag. This will allow you to press out all of the air. The next best thing is to use a bowl and press plastic wrap over the pumpkin pie dip to prevent separation.
You can use Tupperware as well, but just be aware that it doesn’t completely seal the pumpkin dip, and the extra moisture can cause separation.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Dip
It’s really up to you what to serve with this pumpkin pie dip. Personally, I prefer keeping things really simple. We generally serve our pumpkin dip with a few of the following:
- Graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
- Lorna Doone cookies
- Ginger Snaps
- Biscoff Cookies
- Apple slices
- Banana slices
- Pear slices
I also think this pumpkin cream cheese dip would work well as a no-bake cheesecake in a graham cracker pie crust as well. Really, it’s so versatile and delicious! If you have a party coming up and need something easy to bring, make this — you’ll be glad you did!
Is There a Cool Whip Substitute I Can Use?
Yes, if desired you can use real whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. One tub of Cool Whip is just over 3 cups, so I recommend whipping up 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream with 6 tablespoons powdered sugar and beating it until you get medium to stiff peaks. Then mix it into the batter like the recipe states.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Dip
It’s so important that you buy pure pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling for this pumpkin cream cheese dip recipe. Pumpkin pie filling is sweetened and spiced, and will make this pumpkin dip far too sweet.
If you don’t have cream cheese where you live or you’ve run out, you may be able to substitute mascarpone for a similar flavor and texture. I haven’t actually tried this out myself, but I think it’d taste just as delicious.
Lastly, make sure to sprinkle your pumpkin dip with extra pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon just before serving it. It adds an extra pop of flavor and makes this dip look even more inviting!
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Cake with Maple Frosting
- The BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Crunch Twists
- Pumpkin Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Scones
- Maple Glazed Pull-Apart Pumpkin Bread
- Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Bars
More DELICIOUS DIPS You Can’t Resist:
- Gingerbread Cookie Dip
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip
- Banana Cream Pie Dip
- Blueberry Fluff Fruit Dip
- Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Strawberry Fluff Fruit Dip
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy Herb Veggie Dip
- Chorizo Dip Queso Fundido
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- Cheesy Slow Cooker Sausage Dip
- Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- All our DIP RECIPES!!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
- 8 oz pacakge Neufchatel cream cheese*
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip
- With a handheld mixer and large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and pie spice.
- Beat in the cool whip until mixed thoroughly and the beaters leave ripples in the dip.
- Optional: Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Serve with apples, pretzels, vanilla wafers or your favorite dippers.